Malware Problem Fixed

Admin

I entered the site accepting the risk and no malware entered my PC.Did they really found malware code in the site or was just a false positive?

It has broken my daughters machine and I have to take it to the shop today to see if they can restore it. She has been a PIA without a working machine.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• SamCapote

• Ray-Vigo

• jpl

Thanks, admin team. Perhaps an inadequate expression for your hard work, but certainly well deserved.

“If you believe yourself unfortunate because you have loved and lost, perish the thought. One who has loved truly, can never lose entirely.” ~Napoleon Hill

Thanks for all the efforts put into getting us back on track!

I love it when a plan comes together:thumbup:!

"I am what I am because of what I have been." (David McCallum)

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Thanks for your efforts to get FPN back up and running - and safe. Very unfortunately, hackers are out there. Some are sociopaths, while some have criminal intent. I missed FPN for the couple of days it was down, but I understood the whole time that such things do and will happen. Let's all hope it doesn't happen again.

Our long international nightmare is over, thank goodness!

Fixed it for ya! Glad we're back. Thanks to the admins et al. for dealing with it and keeping us up to date.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Many thanks from dow nunder (spelt as it is pronounced). I was starting to suffer from withdrawal symptoms...

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

This was completely freaking me out. I also ran my own Spybot Seek & Destroy, and also Spywareblaster which both came up clean on my machine. But I couldn't get my fix. I started getting the DT's, shaking, frothing at the mouth, messing on myself. Don't do this again. I ran out of clean underwear!

+1 (except for the underwear problem)

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

I don't post much but I'm a lurker/stalker... do you know how disorienting it is for us peepers to ...well...PEEP when the windows are barricaded shut?!!! :crybaby:

Glad FPN is back! :cloud9:

Thank you so much for the hard work you devote to this site and for the effort to keep it running!

<span style='font-size: 8px;'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><a href='http://www.robertetaliaferro.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Husband's Art</a>

it's the old 'you don't realize how much something means to you until it's gone' routine. I was bereft! I even ventured over onto another well-known pen board but was dismayed at the level of hostility directed at FPN (albeit all from one guy!) and (here's the shallow part) the lack of pictures on the sales board (ha!).

VERY very glad to have FPN back. Thanks admin folks.

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

:notworthy1: Thank you for your your effort, time and energy to restore the site. We all greatly appreciate your dedication and work.

I entered the site accepting the risk and no malware entered my PC.Did they really found malware code in the site or was just a false positive?

The first instance on 6/8/10 was indeed an attack. The subsequent notices were due to Google requiring a bit of red tape in order to remove their warning.

I think I was on here when the attack first started, I only get here (mostly) for my weekend, so on the 8th I had 56 pages of new content, I had gotten through almost all of those but on the last couple of pages I started getting the warnings whenever I clicked on a link. As far as I can tell I didn't pick up anything, but it was certainly annoying that every time I tried to get here, until this morning, I was getting either the warning or it would not let me pass the warning. (Yeah, I know how Google does things, but I wasn't using Google in any way.)

Harry Leopold

“Prints of Darkness”

Thanks to all the FPN Admin Team for their hard work to get things back to normal once again. I was concerned that it might be a permanent problem, and am really pleased the Forum is up and running again.

3 cheers for the Admin Team: Hip Hip.....

Thanks FPN team, I am new to the site but still felt the frustration of not being able to log on. Glad it is back up!

I will add my thanks as well. I missed the sight being up and appreciate your efforts. Something tells me the fix was not easy :clap1:

We can trust the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immanual Kant

Thanks a lot to the admins for their effort.

I was checking the site on a two hours base (24/24h), so I'm very happy we're back...

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...