Cartier Trinity Bordeaux Red Lacquer Fountain Pen

Lava Fountain

Evening All,

Curious in this Fountain & wonder if any of you own or used this Gorgeous Cartier Fountain? ... as I'm thinking of getting it just for the look & finish. :wub: Love the Ruby Red, Sweet :rolleyes:

http://www.pensinasia.com/new/product/cartier/cartier_trinity_bordeaux_lacq_red_fountain_pen_310.html

This Ruby Red Lacquer finish on it is Stunning, Gorgeous, quality of Lacquer finish reminds me of this ST Dupont I have.

http://www.pensinasia.com/new/product/s.t._dupont/olympio_pl.or_lacquer_de_chine_godrons_fp-duponts.t._dupont_olympio_pl.or_lacquer_de_chine_godrons_fountain_pen_4455.html

Thx for any input :)

Cheers :bunny01:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lava Fountain

• Bo Bo Olson

• Silvermink

• tonybelding

Afternoon,

:bonk: Ok :gaah:,

I sense some kind of expensive/elite pen backlash here or just a Cartier bias or hate/dislike, not sure. :gaah: .

So NO ONE Out There owns or has used or would like to own this Gorgeous Cartier Fountain !?! Not even one comment on it one way or the other :bonk:

I found this very strange that there are no comments regarding this post :yikes: , it's ALMOST As IF because it's a Cartier it is excluded from ownership by some/most/all memebers here, very curious indeed.

Maybe if I had pposted about one of my Pelican, Lamy, Waterman, Montbalnc, Dupont etc ... there would be some response back about a pen of this caliber

Well that's unfortunate as this Fountain is gorgeous in hand in both feel and looks. I haven't investigated or research deeply about the production manufactuer of this oen but it looks every bit a luscious and desireable as one of my Dupont Fountains with a somewhat similar sweet deep Red Lacquer mezmerizing & intoxicating Candy Apple looking finish. Breathtaking actually. :puddle:

If I can find one @ an an equally attractive $ I will defiantely consider eating more Kraft Peanut Butter & Kraft Dinner :bawl: for the summer to aquire it.

Anhow, as they say, to each his own I guess :doh:

Cheers.

Some time ago we had a thread in teh Montblanc forum on Other pens that folk owned among the Top Tier pens. Cartier was the brand least often mentioned of the pens.

I have looked at the Cartier pens (would LOVE to own a Pasha), but do not have any at this time. I think the 'luxury' brands are less common among FPNers than Pelikan, Parker, etc. :)

Tamara

So NO ONE Out There owns or has used or would like to own this Gorgeous Cartier Fountain !?! Not even one comment on it one way or the other :bonk:

I didn't see the original post when it came around. However. . . I'll admit to having a hard time getting excited over the pen. Yes, it's nice. Pretty, even. There are a lot of nice pens available these days, and I'm not sure what explains the prices Cartier set, or why they would be considered a standout from the crowd.

* jar :( I see, well maybe that expalins it, unfortunate tho as I can't understand or see any reason as to why, maybe Just the Name :hmm1:

* I WantThat 'I have looked at the Cartier pens (would LOVE to own a Pasha), but do not have any at this time. I think the 'luxury' brands are less common among FPNers than Pelikan, Parker, etc.'

Thx for the reply, that just might be that case.

Although many people seem to own fairly expensive pens from other brands more costly than this Cartier, this pen I mentioned can be had from a number of those Asian FP sites that move a lot of pens for $500-550 etc, so can't understand that.

Also, it's not as though I have unlimited funds or am independently wealthy, actually I just retired & worked for the Gov't so am now on a pension, so my funds are actually fairly/very limited as all the other things I have to pay & del with among them like most people . DEBT ... so it's just that I actually really appreciate & crave :wub: Beauty :wub: & Quality in most areas & tend to pay the premeium more often than not.

But as thet say,whoever they are 'You CAN'T Take It With You' so enjoy it all now :cloud9:

Well thx for the enlightenment regarding the Carier et al :headsmack:

Cheers.

I didn't see the original post when it came around. However. . . I'll admit to having a hard time getting excited over the pen. Yes, it's nice. Pretty, even. There are a lot of nice pens available these days, and I'm not sure what explains the prices Cartier set, or why they would be considered a standout from the crowd.

Hi Tony,

Thx for your reply & input.

In some ways you might have a point & as they say Beauty is In The Eyes of The Beholder so maybe that explains why I am smitten with this particular Catier, but I had in it my greedy little mitts & having remebered seeing a Shelby AC Cobra from my late teen yrs in numerous ? multiple coats of a very mezmerizing deep Candy Apple Red I fell for that Color like a rock.

The color & feel is gorgeous @ least to my eyes similar to my Dupont although not being an expert & just new to all this I think the Dupont is a fabulous pen & merits the accord towards it [not sure the Cartier pen itself is, but the feel & look of it sure are], http://www.pensinasia.com/new/product/s.t._dupont/olympio_pl.or_lacquer_de_chine_godrons_fp-duponts.t._dupont_olympio_pl.or_lacquer_de_chine_godrons_fountain_pen_4455.html

I agree with you on the Cartier prices, as will many if not most I think the prices are not in line with the reality of what they charge, but like most things they charge what they think they can get away with & if people are willing to pay the $ then that's that.

As I said before Beauty IS in The Eyes of the Beholder, so even tho it is $x and I can get & do have many pens less than 1/2 or more of what I might have to pay for it [a few of my Pelikans come to mind, the Souveran M320 Amber, M400 Honey White Tortoise & M400 & M415 Brown Tortoise as well as many others are very beautiful & gorgeous in both look/materials/craftmanship & feel and some are priced much more & some less] but still if the Look of A Beauty strikes your fancy, What are you To Do?

Maybe I''ll write Cartier a letter of Portest on the Obscene High Cost of their pens & I would buy more if they would drop the retail by 50%, I'm sure that will work hahaha

Anyhow,thx for your input always interesting how others see things & why, appreciated.

Cheers.

The color & feel is gorgeous @ least to my eyes similar to my Dupont although not being an expert & just new to all this I think the Dupont is a fabulous pen & merits the accord towards it

Dupont is another brand that I have never given much thought to.

When I think of the the higher-end, desirable pens. . . I think of Visconti, as a prime example. OMAS, maybe. Perhaps Conway Stewart. . . or Sailor. . .

I think there's a sort of cultural divide. For somebody coming from familiarity with watches and jewelry and "luxury goods", a name like Dupont or Cartier has cachet. They aren't thought of primarily as pen companies. They're basically watch-and-jewelry companies that are using the strength of their brand name to sell fountain pens to people who are into watches and jewelry. They are sold as fashion items. And Montblanc has sort of come from the pen world and migrated into the jewelry-and-fashion world, which I suspect is one reason why some fountain pen collectors look askance at them.

Then, on the other hand, you have the fountain pen companies that are selling to fountain pen fanatics collectors. I had my eye on a Visconti Wall Street LE a while back -- with striped celluloid, a vac-plunger filling mechanism, and flexible palladium nib. Those kinds of features justified a high price tag in my eyes (though I never did pull the trigger on it). I can just imagine trying to explain those features to a typical Cartier customer, and their eyes glazing over with lack of comprehension compounded by lack of interest.

I'm now pondering an Edison. I reckon that's just about the pinnacle of hard-core fountain pen obsession, where you get to choose the material, choose the filling system, choose the nib, choose the trim, specify additional customizations, and then watch live video over the internet as your pen is fabricated to your specifications by One Guy. And the price tag will be, typically, no more than the Cartier.

The color & feel is gorgeous @ least to my eyes similar to my Dupont although not being an expert & just new to all this I think the Dupont is a fabulous pen & merits the accord towards it

Dupont is another brand that I have never given much thought to.

When I think of the the higher-end, desirable pens. . . I think of Visconti, as a prime example. OMAS, maybe. Perhaps Conway Stewart. . . or Sailor. . .

I think there's a sort of cultural divide. For somebody coming from familiarity with watches and jewelry and "luxury goods", a name like Dupont or Cartier has cachet. They aren't thought of primarily as pen companies. They're basically watch-and-jewelry companies that are using the strength of their brand name to sell fountain pens to people who are into watches and jewelry. They are sold as fashion items. And Montblanc has sort of come from the pen world and migrated into the jewelry-and-fashion world, which I suspect is one reason why some fountain pen collectors look askance at them.

Then, on the other hand, you have the fountain pen companies that are selling to fountain pen fanatics collectors. I had my eye on a Visconti Wall Street LE a while back -- with striped celluloid, a vac-plunger filling mechanism, and flexible palladium nib. Those kinds of features justified a high price tag in my eyes (though I never did pull the trigger on it). I can just imagine trying to explain those features to a typical Cartier customer, and their eyes glazing over with lack of comprehension compounded by lack of interest.

I'm now pondering an Edison. I reckon that's just about the pinnacle of hard-core fountain pen obsession, where you get to choose the material, choose the filling system, choose the nib, choose the trim, specify additional customizations, and then watch live video over the internet as your pen is fabricated to your specifications by One Guy. And the price tag will be, typically, no more than the Cartier.

>

As before I agree with some of what you say, but ...

Don't know about Cartier but I think ST Dupont are more versed in the material/workmaship-craftsmanship & of the pen from the little I've read/seen ... below is a short quote from Ezinearticles online >

***> 'The S.T. Dupont Company has been innovating new ways to design classics from lighters to travel cases to wallets. After acquiring a method of producing Chinese lacquer on metal, the Dupont Company began producing pens in 1973. Quality is key for the Dupont Company by requiring no less than 150 checks and tests before a design is ready to be sold to the public. This process is the basis for each individual pen produced.

The S.T. Dupont Defi Carbon Fiber Fountain Pen is a sleek model made out of pure carbon fiber and palladium accents. The nib is made out of steel with a medium width that boasts consistent ink flow. The Defi ranges between $600-$750.

The S.T. Dupont Orpheo Fountain Pen is made out of their unique Chinese lacquer with palladium accents that travel along the barrel of the pen. The nib is medium in width and made out of 18 carat gold. The Orpheo ranges between $1000-$1250.

The S.T. Dupont Fidelio Guilloche Fountain Pen is a combination of lacquer and guilloche. Similar to the Orpheo, the nib is medium in width and is made out of 18 carat gold. The Fidelio Guilloch starts at $430.

The Dupont Company never breaks its standards of elegance and quality in each pen that is crafted. The continue to excel in producing writing instruments made out of the finest products in the world.

Dupont pens are some of the finest and most renowned pens on the market today.' <*** from EzineArticles

>* Granted they have been making FP for only about 35 yrs as opposed to most of the others averaging around 80 yrs or so, but they seemed to have mastered the leaning curve exceptionally well & quickly.

I also have 3 Montblanc, a Dunhill, Visconti, Montegrappa, Lard-o-Led, OMAS, Waterman, Platinum, Moneverde, Diplomat, Lamy, Online, as well as Pelikan, so I own & have seen a few nice/good/great Fountains in both design & execution of such with materials & craftsmanship and all of the pens I own I cherish for what they are.

I have not bought any of them for cache [as I'm sure some/many do only for that reason since I don't have Cache kind of $] since I started to research, track down or come across & purchase, but mearly for either the functionality or Beauty of them for myself. They all offer something to/for me fromthe least expensive that I won the Online Italic set/Lamy Safari Italics & Monteverde to the more expensive ones I own, the top of the line that I have mentioned.

As I mentioned before, to each his own & Beauty IS in The Eyes of The Beholder for whatever reason.

To enjoy whatever you have for whatever reason is the main goal.

Cheers.

Gosh, I just came across this. I chimed in on the other link 'jar' posted for you. Since you mention Dupont I've tried to compare/contrast it to that here.

I love my Cartier for a couple reasons: it's substantial, but -- due to the primarily non-metal section (just a little by the tip) -- it doesn't slide out of my hand during long writing sessions. Among my S.T. Duponts is one similar to the one you posted, but in blue. The metal section, I'm afraid, gives me trouble as I...."ahem".... tend to glisten a bit on my hands as I write. embarrassed_smile.gif Ok, I sweat a lot....... puddle.gif (Couldn't find a "sweaty" so here's a "droolie".) And I overuse ellipses.......

I indicated it wrote as a broad, but the nib is marked medium. But it definitely writes broadly, very wet and very little flex. But smoooooth. This pen becomes a little unwieldy when posted, so I don't. It was also one of the first pens I owned that squeaked blink.gif when I wrote on any quality paper, mostly Rhodia and Clairefontaine. (This phenomenom with some nibs has been discussed in other threads.) But honestly, the Cartier wasn't/isn't used every day, just in rotation with others, so about bi-weekly, for the entire day, journals and work. I've had it a few years now, and it no longer squeaks. Nib not quite as smooth as Dupont in my experience, but nearly.

I sold lighters in a past lifetime, and knew Cartier (and Dunhill and Dupont,) but had no awareness of their pens until I started writing again. But the lacquer work rivals S.T. Dupont. I already had several MB's and a couple Duponts when I first saw and fell in love with the red trinity series. When I'm polishing it, I can just fall into the reflection. Does that give you an idea? More so than the black or white models. And the fit? Tight, solid machining. Just below Dupont's IMHO but w/ a threaded top.

I hope this helps w/ some perspective. Good luck with the decision. thumbup.gif

I've never handled a Cartier, but I wouldn't mind a Pasha with the printed circuit pattern.

Guess I could've peered at 'em in Charals today - I think they carry Cartier.

Edited by Silvermink

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Evening All,

Curious in this Fountain & wonder if any of you own or used this Gorgeous Cartier Fountain? ... as I'm thinking of getting it just for the look & finish. :wub: Love the Ruby Red, Sweet :rolleyes:

http://www.pensinasia.com/new/product/cartier/cartier_trinity_bordeaux_lacq_red_fountain_pen_310.html

This Ruby Red Lacquer finish on it is Stunning, Gorgeous, quality of Lacquer finish reminds me of this ST Dupont I have.

http://www.pensinasia.com/new/product/s.t._dupont/olympio_pl.or_lacquer_de_chine_godrons_fp-duponts.t._dupont_olympio_pl.or_lacquer_de_chine_godrons_fountain_pen_4455.html

Thx for any input :)

Cheers :bunny01:

Doesn't look very comfy to use at all.

Gosh, I just came across this. I chimed in on the other link 'jar' posted for you. Since you mention Dupont I've tried to compare/contrast it to that here.

I love my Cartier for a couple reasons: it's substantial, but -- due to the primarily non-metal section (just a little by the tip) -- it doesn't slide out of my hand during long writing sessions. Among my S.T. Duponts is one similar to the one you posted, but in blue. The metal section, I'm afraid, gives me trouble as I...."ahem".... tend to glisten a bit on my hands as I write. embarrassed_smile.gif Ok, I sweat a lot....... puddle.gif (Couldn't find a "sweaty" so here's a "droolie".) And I overuse ellipses.......

I indicated it wrote as a broad, but the nib is marked medium. But it definitely writes broadly, very wet and very little flex. But smoooooth. This pen becomes a little unwieldy when posted, so I don't. It was also one of the first pens I owned that squeaked blink.gif when I wrote on any quality paper, mostly Rhodia and Clairefontaine. (This phenomenom with some nibs has been discussed in other threads.) But honestly, the Cartier wasn't/isn't used every day, just in rotation with others, so about bi-weekly, for the entire day, journals and work. I've had it a few years now, and it no longer squeaks. Nib not quite as smooth as Dupont in my experience, but nearly.

I sold lighters in a past lifetime, and knew Cartier (and Dunhill and Dupont,) but had no awareness of their pens until I started writing again. But the lacquer work rivals S.T. Dupont. I already had several MB's and a couple Duponts when I first saw and fell in love with the red trinity series. When I'm polishing it, I can just fall into the reflection. Does that give you an idea? More so than the black or white models. And the fit? Tight, solid machining. Just below Dupont's IMHO but w/ a threaded top.

I hope this helps w/ some perspective. Good luck with the decision. thumbup.gif

Hello Humblescribbler, :)

Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about, :clap1: a little enthusiasm about this Fountain :notworthy1:

Thank you for your insightful & helpful reply. I agree completely as I had a chance to feel & look @ the Cartier for a bit in lighting that didn't do it justice but even still could see the deep gorgeous & luscious Candy Apple Red Lacquer pooling in from of my eyes, such a sweet & delicious color for sure. Don't worry about drooling these Fountains have that effect on me as well. :gaah:

The short time I had to inspect it it did indeed remind me of the quality of the tight machining fit of the Duponts I have as well as the high quality of the fabulous Red Chinese Lacquer, very impressive, can't wait to get it in the sunlight or under good lighting for a close up with my magnifying glass or loupe & close up lens.

Well if you were familiar with the C& D Lighters of your time, then you were well versed in their quality of design, materials, craftsmanship and functionality as much as the Beauty of the overall product.

Like you , not sure I'd be using it on a daily basis or even close to that, but just to have it for the Beauty of it & all the work gone into it would be worth it, as with my Duponts.

I use my Pelikans a lot and my Lamy as well as a Waterman or two more often than not, but it's pride of ownership with a Fountain like these that is very rewarding when you get them out & take them for a spin on the notepad, kind of makes your day esp when it's sunny out & you get to get that color dazzling your eyes.

Thx again for your understandable enthusiastic response! :notworthy1:

Cheers

I've never handled a Cartier, but I wouldn't mind a Pasha with the printed circuit pattern.

Guess I could've peered at 'em in Charals today - I think they carry Cartier.

Hey SilverMk,

How are you G, thx for adding to this post.

Not sure if Charals has them or not but I saw the Fountain I am talking about @ Birks last week when I took my Retirement watch in for repair, while I was waiting for the salesperson to come back I took a look @ their pens, they have a really nice MB as well as a few nice Cartier besides this one, you should go check it out definitely worth the look.

Obviously they are very expensive their so if I decide to drop the penny on one I'll get it from online most likely from one of the Singapore based Fountain Pen websites that have great $ as well as feedback & C/S. Just a thought for you in the eventuality.

If you are in DT today/Sun give me a mssg & maybe we can get together for a Java & pen chat. Will bring my Duponts for a drive by for you.

Cheers.

Hi

I own 1 Cartier pen, the Roman Numerals. It is my most expensive pen. It competes for the title

"most beautiful pen I own"

It is not a bad writer, but it is not a GOOD writer.

For looks it is top, but as a writer value for money is very low.

There are many other cheaper pens that write MUCH better.

For me TOP writers are Sheaffer grand Connaisseur, and Waterman l'Etalon, to name a few.

I have this pen now for about 18 months, and I doubt I would buy it again, knowing how it is now.

Cartier, Dupont and also Dunhill have some nice looking pens, but somehow these brands don't register as penmakers in my brain.

Cartier is a Jeweller, the rest have a connection with smoking (BAAAD, glad I kicked the habit years ago)

Another problem is, that in my country I know but very few places where you could buy one.

I know a shop that does Cartier, a few do Dupont, no Dunhill.

I am not going to buy pens in that price region without testwriting.

About the Cartierpen you show in your original post: It is a matter of taste, but I don't like it.

But then again, it is good thing tastes differ, would be a bleak world otherwise.

Dick

Edited by RMN

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Not sure if Charals has them or not but I saw the Fountain I am talking about @ Birks last week when I took my Retirement watch in for repair, while I was waiting for the salesperson to come back I took a look @ their pens, they have a really nice MB as well as a few nice Cartier besides this one, you should go check it out definitely worth the look.

Huh, I didn't know that Birks sold pens. Might have to check that out. I'd love to handle the Pasha I was mentioning if somebody has it.

Obviously they are very expensive their so if I decide to drop the penny on one I'll get it from online most likely from one of the Singapore based Fountain Pen websites that have great $ as well as feedback & C/S. Just a thought for you in the eventuality.

If you are in DT today/Sun give me a mssg & maybe we can get together for a Java & pen chat. Will bring my Duponts for a drive by for you.

I've had good personal experiences with Melpens and heard good things about Pengallery.

I'm going to be a little busy today with the running around doing errands behavior, but I'll let you know if I still have some energy after that. :) I'll have a bevy of new pens to show off this month at pen club.

Edited by Silvermink

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Hi

I own 1 Cartier pen, the Roman Numerals. It is my most expensive pen. It competes for the title

"most beautiful pen I own"

It is not a bad writer, but it is not a GOOD writer.

For looks it is top, but as a writer value for money is very low.

There are many other cheaper pens that write MUCH better.

For me TOP writers are Sheaffer grand Connaisseur, and Waterman l'Etalon, to name a few.

I have this pen now for about 18 months, and I doubt I would buy it again, knowing how it is now.

Cartier, Dupont and also Dunhill have some nice looking pens, but somehow these brands don't register as penmakers in my brain.

Cartier is a Jeweller, the rest have a connection with smoking (BAAAD, glad I kicked the habit years ago)

Another problem is, that in my country I know but very few places where you could buy one.

I know a shop that does Cartier, a few do Dupont, no Dunhill.

I am not going to buy pens in that price region without testwriting.

About the Cartierpen you show in your original post: It is a matter of taste, but I don't like it.

But then again, it is good thing tastes differ, would be a bleak world otherwise.

Dick

Good Morning Dick,

Thx for your reply & opinion.

Yes it's true a bleak world it would be,

I agree not sure most people would buy them for their writing skills but looks are another thing. As with your I use a Lamy, Waterman LeMan Rhapsody Caviar in that White/Black/Grey Lizard Skin type finish, very smooth, as well as a few Lamy Safari with Italic nibs, also an Online Newood with Italics nibs, A Platinum with a Musical nib and Pelikan M415. I enjoy using them all.

I haven't even dipped or inked most of my recent expensive Fountains as I've been too busy with other things as I've just retired a few weeks ago waiting for the sun to shine thru so I can go outside to a cafe in the warmth & golden glow of the sun to play with some of them & hopefully try & take pix of them in some good light.

Back to the Cartier, if I do get one that will most likely be the one & only one [probably from Singapore as it will be a few hundred $ cheaper than here.] just for the Color & nothing else.

I've bought most of the more expensive Fountains for their unique look & appeal [for me, & no one else, I like none mainstream things a lot, different/unusual and captivating to the eye]. As well I got most of them for a very good price close to 35% off retail so the fool I weak animal I am I couldn't resist such bargains for these kinds of one of a kind for me jewels.

I'm fortunate here as there many fairly high end luxury Jewelry Stores & Boutiques that have selections of some of these pens so I can get my mitts on them to look & feels them. But as I've said most of my Fountains I have & use are not in that price league but definitely can write circles around them as well.

I agree about the C Jewelry & D & D tobacco connections, but I don't hold that against them [esp since I don't smoke] as they have done something right with the pens they make esp the ones I own.

By the way where in the Netherlands do you live? How's life & the weather over there?

Well, off to make my morning Java.

Thx again for your input.

Cheers.

Huh, I didn't know that Birks sold pens. Might have to check that out. I'd love to handle the Pasha I was mentioning if somebody has it.

I've had good personal experiences with Melpens and heard good things about Pengallery.

I'm going to be a little busy today with the running around doing errands behavior, but I'll let you know if I still have some energy after that. :) I'll have a bevy of new pens to show off this month at pen club.

Good Morning G,

Thx for that.

Yes Birks carries MB & Cartier & I think that's it besides their own Birks Fountain, have no idea who makes & nether do they by the sounds of it, asked someone & they were going to check with Montreal HQ but never heard back.

They have a real MB Beauty called the Bohem Doue Lacquer M of Pearl but it's a WHOPPING $1860. :gaah:

Way out of my thought process :bonk: It reminds me of the MB Ingred Berman, Expensive YES, GORGEOUS YES :wub:

Thx for the heads up on Melpens & the Pengallery will check them both b4 I drop the $.

Most likely will be out @ a Cafe this aft with Netbook, Notebook & my pens in hand maybe watching the game so if not today anther time for sure.

Looking forward to your new acquisitions next meeting, I will have a few as well, should be an interesting get together for sure :thumbup:

Cheers.

The Gent with the Cartier pen didn't say what he did about the pen that don't write like he'd like it too.

He has good pens, why didn't he send it back to get it made so it writes better, or take a bit of miro-mesh too it, or a brass shim to open up the nibs or something.

Is the pen poorly balanced to his hand?

Is it a nail?

Many get "good" pens that they send off to a nib master.

Seeing how I buy used pens out side of a couple, I doubt if Cartier shows up used at a real nice price on German Ebay...so a Cartier or a Dunhill or a Dupont just never make it into my thought process.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

They have a real MB Beauty called the Bohem Doue Lacquer M of Pearl but it's a WHOPPING $1860. :gaah:

The Boheme's a little small for my liking, but there could definitely be a doué 146 in my future - I really like the resin body/metal cap combination. I'm getting a Delta Via Veneto in just such a combination from Bryant that I'll hopefully have in time for the meeting. :)

Most likely will be out @ a Cafe this aft with Netbook, Notebook & my pens in hand maybe watching the game so if not today anther time for sure.

Will keep it in mind. I think it's likely that I won't quite have the ambition, since yesterday was extremely busy and today's shaping up that way so far too, but I'll PM you if I change my mind. :)

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

The Boheme's a little small for my liking, but there could definitely be a doué 146 in my future - I really like the resin body/metal cap combination. I'm getting a Delta Via Veneto in just such a combination from Bryant that I'll hopefully have in time for the meeting. :)

Will keep it in mind. I think it's likely that I won't quite have the ambition, since yesterday was extremely busy and today's shaping up that way so far too, but I'll PM you if I change my mind. :)

... :thumbup: Ok sounds good, as I feel a bit lazy today so might just sit with 6 cups of joe @ the corner & ink away all day..

You are right the Bohem Doue is a fairly small pen, even posted smaller than most but a Beauty non the less, if they offer it to me for $600 they got a deal :gaah: :ltcapd:

Looking forward to you Delta next meeting then, they have some Beauties as well :wub:

Cheers.