What is the best deal you got for a pen ?

goodguy

I went to a farmer market and found it was actualy a flea market.A guy sold me a mint Parker 180 GP for 20$.I didnt even argue on the price I just payd him the 20$ and snached the pen (and he thought he got a good deal).

Respect to all

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• goodguy

• inkstainedruth

• sivaguru

Hi Goodguy,

How about P180, gold plate striated finish with ball pen, in box, uninked from a car boot sale £2.50 or a bit less than $5.00? :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

That was only last year, the best this year so far was £5.00 for a slip cap Onoto push piston filler with a No.8 nib the size of a small shovel and it writes superbly. :D

That was from the same guy who sold me 2 Pelikan M200's, a Victory, a Senator wit 14ct nib and Parker17 Duofold and a Cross Townsend in green striped enamel for just £25.00 the lot and even the Victory worked. :ltcapd:

I don't know which was the best deal but the Onoto is the one I treasure most.

Cheers John

At a silent auction fund raiser: Never used Montblanc Kafka set (pencil, ballpoint, fountain) boxed, with papers, but box was opened. Fountain pen never inked. $325. I will never be able to complain about my luck.

Doug

Hi Oxonian

I knew my deal will not be close to the story I am expecting to hear (like your luck) but thats my best deal :blush:

Respect to all

My first was a 9kt 1949 Parker 51 Presidential Pen and pencil set for £100.

It has been engraved but apart from that it's in excellent condition.

My last was an Omas 361c for £20 at a car boot.

How I enjoyed the smug look on his face.

There are several more but those are the most satisfying.

Vintage Conway Stewart 60L in blue herringbone, mint/unused with price band still on the barrel - $135, including shipping from Australia to US.

You guys really don't want me to discuss this do you????

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Oh, go ahead Tom,

But first I have to tell you about my dumb luck. 2 years ago when I was in upper Minn., I stopped at a antique shop with my brother and asked if they had any Parker pens. The gal that owned the shop goes upstairs and returns with about 5 Parkers. All were 51's, so asked how much and she said $25 for them all. I did not know much about 51's at the time, but turns out 1 of the was a !944 DJ with a wedding band cap. Sold that pen for $250 at the Alanta show.

Just goes to show you that if you buy them cheap enough, you dodn't have to know what your doing. :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd:

Parkercrazy :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

My best deals were

unused Lamy 2000 for $30 on eBay

working 1945 Vacumatic for $7

Early Duofold Big Red Sr. pencil for $7

Maruzen Albion for free in a box of junk pens.

The last one stressed me out since I'm a user rather than a collector so I worried if I was storing it safely, etc. So I'm not sure if that was a great deal.

Ben

To OldGriz

Yes Tom I asked this question especialy with you in mind so PLEASE do tell P L E A S E !!! :drool:

Respect to all

You guys really don't want me to discuss this do you????

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Go on you know you can't resist :D :D :D :D

But before you do let me get this in:

Griz I want you to know that I hate you :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd:

And you owe me a new monitor for my computer :blink: :blink:

Now go ahead and do your worst B) I am a man who can take it :ph34r:

Jim :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1:

Obi Won WD40

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!

OK you asked for this.... I will not be held responsible for choking, coffee ruined monitors and temper tantrums... :P :P

Probably the best deal I have gotten was a batch of pens off eBay for $100. After selling off a couple of the pieces for $120.00 I still have a Sheaffer Triumph TM Gold Filled TD pen/pencil set and a Sheaffer Triumph Crest Set left.

The Parker 51 Vac Demonstator cost me less than $40 after I sold the other pens that were in the batch I bought it with.

The Parker 51 Signet was bought for $100 and when I mentioned to the seller that there was an engraving he did not mention, he refunded me half the selling price.

I won't even go into 51s bought for $10-15 or Snorkels bought for even less. I mean after all I do have some compassion for my fellow members. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The best was a Duofold Sr. for $1.50 at a garage sale. I paid exactly what they asked, and paid the same for an Esterbrook at the same sale. the Duofold is a daily user, filled and in the case with me today.

But then the yellow Esterbrook purse pen, with yellow buttons, mint and stickered for $5 wasn't bad either. :D

nor was the Burgundy Streamlined Duofold Sr. for $40

Or the Sterling capped 51 for $10......

I look at a lot of junk in my travels, but do find the occasional good one! ;)

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Hi Goodguy,

How about P180, gold plate striated finish with ball pen, in box, uninked from a car boot sale £2.50 or a bit less than $5.00?  :roflmho:  :roflmho:  :roflmho:

That was only last year, the best this year so far was £5.00 for a slip cap Onoto push piston filler with a No.8 nib the size of a small shovel and it writes superbly. :D

That was from the same guy who sold me 2 Pelikan M200's, a Victory, a Senator wit 14ct nib and Parker17 Duofold and a Cross Townsend in green striped enamel for just £25.00 the lot and even the Victory worked. :ltcapd:

I don't know which was the best deal but the Onoto is the one I treasure most.

Cheers John

Wow, were you pointing a pistol at him at the time? My best deal was a new Parker 100 from Pam Braun for $98.00.

Edited by Bill_D

I plan to live forever. So far, so good.

My mom called me and said she bought a big Montblanc fountain pen at an antique store. Neither she nor the store owner could figure out how to fill it and assumed it was broken. So the owner knocked $10. off, Mom paid $65. She sent it to me (149) I sent it to MB for a checkup for $100. Nice writer XF nib smooth as butter.

Overachieving Underachiever

All posts edited by my dog