Pilot Plumix

fiberdrunk

I just picked up one of these for my daughter. I'm applying the silicone sealant tonight and will ink it up tomorrow. She's pretty excited and I'm thinking that it'll be a good ED pen for her. Thanks for the reviews and info. Oh, and I got mine at Target in Hillsboro, OR tonight. They only had one fine nib, but we got it. =)

They had one left at my Target today. I wonder if they'll get more for Back to School.

I use international cartridges in my Plumix. Can't everybody?

—Jill

My Flickr Page

Edited by Aunt Jill

Let there be light. Then let there be a cat, a cocktail, and a good book.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• majorworks

• carroll

• devaldez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just picked up one of these for my daughter. I'm applying the silicone sealant tonight and will ink it up tomorrow. She's pretty excited and I'm thinking that it'll be a good ED pen for her. Thanks for the reviews and info. Oh, and I got mine at Target in Hillsboro, OR tonight. They only had one fine nib, but we got it. =)

They had one left at my Target today. I wonder if they'll get more for Back to School.

I use international cartridges in my Plumix. Can't everybody?

—Jill

My Flickr Page

I have an odd sense of things. I like ED pens very much and my daughter has sort of caught on to this affectation. She was cross-eyed happy to have an ED, even if the pen itself is rather disposable. 13yr old girls are not my forte, so anticipating her is spotty for me. =)

I have stopped using this pen as I could not find the exact cartridge.The pkg. says to go to //www.namiki.com//. I have visited there but none of their cartridges match the original cartridge.

I found it in the SF Bay Area Target stores, in office supplies. There's a wall of pens: gel, ball-point, felt-tip, etc. There is only one fountain pen, and it's the Plumix.

You stand there looking...looking...looking...at every package, until you see it. Luckily, my daughter was in the Junior clothing Dept. keeping herself busy for the 20 minutes I spent looking.....looking...looking....

The Pluminix is a European version that takes international carts. The Plumix takes only Pilot carts. If you go to the www.namiki.com website and click on 'Parts & Accessories' you can buy carts online from Namiki. You can also obtain Pilot carts from any FP supply retailer including JetPens, Fountain Pen Hospital, Art Brown, Paradise Pen, etc.

I own 6 Plumixes and about 50% have a hole at the bottom, which as mentioned is easily sealed with silicone sealant or super glue. Silicone grease is for the threads, or you can just superglue the whole thing together and refill by removing the nib and feed.

Incidentally, this nib/feed system is the same one used in the Pilot 78G, Prera, and Knight, and the Plumix nib is a lot more fun in a nicer body.

Those look exactly like the ones in my Plumix from Target package. Great mixed ink colors!

Check the nib carefully on your pen. The packaging for mine said fine, but the nib is marked M.

A Japanese M is roughly equivalent to a Western F.

Can anyone tell if these cartridges will fit a Plumix pen?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1c11c6893a

The cartridges are the same (all current Pilot/Namiki cartridges are) but the inks for the Parallel may be pigmented; exercise caution. JetPens, among other online sources, sells Pilot/Namiki cartridges for fountain pens as well as for the Parallel calligraphy pens.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

• 2 years later...

I noticed yesterday that Staples carries the Plumix as well.

"What the space program needs is more English majors." -- Michael Collins, Gemini 10/Apollo 11

Regarding the cartridges:

they are the same as all of the Pilot cartridges. As for the ink, the people at the pen store (Bromfield) in Boston told me they have sold it for the Plumix and other Pilot pens with no difficulties. Have not used it in my Plumix yet and I will.

Also, FYI, the Pilot cartridges at Jet Pens and ISellpens are usually less expensive that those at most B&M stores. Finally, if you don't mind ordering from Hong Kong, what you pay $2.00 for at Jet Pens, you will pay $1.25 at StationeryArt.com.

Depending on what else you buy the low cost shipping is pretty inexpensive, however the wait time is about 2 weeks I think.

Either way, check out their prices.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• 1 year later...

I recently picked up a Plumix and I am using Diamine Oxblood. A great find, but I am still learning how to write with it. Any ideas for improving writing skills would be nice, but since I am a person who is does not mind some trial and error, I believe I probably will figure it out. I may move the nib over to one of my 78Gs in the future, but for now, a nice addition.