Purple Pens, Revisited!

foxtail1

Well, since I accidentally hijacked a thread where the OP was looking for a vintage purple pen (sorry, sombrueil!), I figured it was time to take a new family photo of my purple pens, as I've threatened to do since my original purple post in February. So, here's the current collection.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz261/foxtail1/purplepens1.jpg

Top row (left to right):

* Lamy Al-star- Purple

* Lamy Studio- Violet

* Sheaffer Levenger Seven Seas- Purple

* Conklin Metropolis- Purple Mist

* Pilot Vanishing Point LE- Violet

* Levenger True Writer Demo- Purple

* Recife Depose- marbled purple

* Waterman Kultur- purple metallic

* Sailor Procolor 500- Wisteria Violet

* Waterman Ici Et- Lilac

Second row:

* Sailor – 1960’s model- light purple

* Pilot 2A- purple

* Recife Crystal (eyedropper)- marbled purple

* Sailor Sailor Pro Gear Slim Violet

* Conway Stewart 58-Flecked Amethyst

* Cross ATX Victoria- Purple

* Bexley Funtime Grape Cooler

* Sheaffer No-nonsense- Purple transparent

* Sheaffer No-nonsense- Purple

* Waterford Marquis Arista Prism- Purple

Bottom:

* Waterman Carene- Royal Violet

The North Carolina pen show, a scant 3 hours away from my home, is coming up soon, so maybe there will be new family members added shortly.

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foxtail1

• SidandNancy

• Jimmy James

• plistumi

Wow! At first my eyes burned and I had to look away in order to preserve my vision. After regaining my vision I zoomed in on the Conway Stewart which is very nice and the purple demo which is neat. Nice collection.

Not that I would condone excessive pen-buying in any way (because surely there is no such thing as excessive in such a context?) but here are a few more purple pens from the cheaper end of the market:

Parker Frontier - chromaflair purple

Parker IM Profile - amaranth (more of a mauve/lilac - perfect for Herbin Poussiere de Lune)

Pilot Pluminix - violet (transparent barrel)

Tombow Object - purple (metallic - more of a pink-ish/magenta purple)

Waterman Kultur - soft purple (transparent barrel)

Waterman Kultur - virtual purple (transparent barrel)

I am currently lusting after your violet Waterman Carene, but it's way out of my league :(

...I have inky little fingers...

Dear Foxtail1,

You might need each of your pens fitted with those little GPS units for pets after presenting your collection to purple lovers on FPN.

I am green....errrr purple with envy of your collection.

We share a few in common. :)

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Not that I would condone excessive pen-buying in any way (because surely there is no such thing as excessive in such a context?) but here are a few more purple pens from the cheaper end of the market:

Parker Frontier - chromaflair purple

Parker IM Profile - amaranth (more of a mauve/lilac - perfect for Herbin Poussiere de Lune)

Pilot Pluminix - violet (transparent barrel)

Tombow Object - purple (metallic - more of a pink-ish/magenta purple)

Waterman Kultur - soft purple (transparent barrel)

Waterman Kultur - virtual purple (transparent barrel)

I am currently lusting after your violet Waterman Carene, but it's way out of my league :(

Oh, those Parkers sound interesting! I have a Tombow in that luscious purple, but it's a rollerball from a couple of decades ago, so I decided it would be cheating to include it. I'm watching them on Jet Pens, though, as they're carrying the full line of fps.

BTW, the Carene was not too bad. I got it a couple of months ago on ebay (hence the line through my signature) at a Buy-it-Now of $125! :yikes: Any wonder that I fell off the wagon for that one?

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Oops. I was wrong about the Levenger pen— definitely purple.

New camera, better photo! :thumbup:

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

I've never had purple as my first choice in color, but I definitely appreciate it and I even have a couple purple pens myself. I have the purple Waterman Kultur, and a purple $33 pen/Tac Carry II. :)

--Stephen

Foxtail, love your collection! (specially the Conway Stewart in the second row). Thank you for sharing it with us. Gigi

:wub:

I wonder if I can print this out big enough to frame? Purple's my favorite color!

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Love the purple bounty! I really love the Carene! Such a beautiful dark purple!

Lashelle

Very nice. Do you use purple inks to match in them?

An eye for insignificant details is a good sign you will do just fine in medical school...

As a sharp wit and powerful sarcasm is a sign that you already have.

Somebody

Not usually, though I have many purple inks. I tend to use contrasting inks, though I do have Yama Budo in the VP right now, and that's a purplish color. I'm much more likely to use orange, bright green, etc.

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Nice 2A, someone let me borrow theirs and I found it quite enjoyable for quickly jotting down notes. How do you like yours?

Nice 2A, someone let me borrow theirs and I found it quite enjoyable for quickly jotting down notes. How do you like yours?

Just got it, so I haven't inked it. Much as I love writing with my fps, I don't have that much writing in my daily life, so I keep only a handful inked at any one time. (And, I have pens other than purple!)

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Love the purples... A truly beautiful collection.

Hmmm... Time to start shopping errr, looking...

Your ad here.

Not usually, though I have many purple inks. I tend to use contrasting inks, though I do have Yama Budo in the VP right now, and that's a purplish color. I'm much more likely to use orange, bright green, etc.

Kristi

ooooooh! I like those combinations!

An eye for insignificant details is a good sign you will do just fine in medical school...

As a sharp wit and powerful sarcasm is a sign that you already have.

Somebody

You have inspired me to start my own collection of purple fountain pens (and fountain pen ink). Like I really needed an excuse to buy more pens.

Anne Gray

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.

You have inspired me to start my own collection of purple fountain pens (and fountain pen ink). Like I really needed an excuse to buy more pens.

Glad to do my part in this society of enablers...

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr