The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Baoer 388

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Liis

Liis

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:10

These pens are indeed excellent, after getting my first one I immediately ordered 2 more - the nib is so malleable and wonderful to write with and performance with Diamine inks is pure pleasure. I may be mistaken but I think it even flexes a bit. My Parker IM Black GT totally pales in comparison.

I'm sorry about the photo - I don't know how to make the picture less blue - it's taken in daylight. Text should be dark brown and the pen dark green.

_baoer%20388_zpso4gbfjbi.jpg

Sponsored Content

#62 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 19:31

Lovely handwriting! I'm far from an expert, but if you switch over your camera's white balance that should help. Here in Scotland, my old Canon spends 90% of its time set to 'cloudy'.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

#63 garyc

garyc

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2016 - 22:03

Indeed, they are incredible pens, available for £1.65 (about $2.50) shipped from China. I gave 2 away at the weekend so I had to buy 3 more.

Regarding the white balance, you can salvage some of it, though once the camera data has been jpg'd, it wont give a perfect result. This was using the free program Rawtherapee (awful name, but great program) with the spot white balance tool selecting the paper (which I assume to be white):
_baoer%20388_wb.jpg

Edited by garyc, 07 April 2016 - 05:22.

#64 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 22:51

I own the pen already and love it. But I've been jonesin' for a chocolate ink and now you put this up.....

#65 Bluey

Bluey

Somewhere between green and indigo

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2016 - 00:21

I must try one of those. They look really good.

Mediterranean blue, Asa Goa, China blue, Royal blue, Sapphire blue, Indigo, Washable Blue....the colours of the rainbow.

#66 andy1m

andy1m

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:58

Thks all for sharing their opinions. Just ordered my first Baoer 388 SS.

#67 MontPelikan

MontPelikan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2017 - 21:20

Hello,

a short video review of the Baoer 388 here:

Thank you for watching and sharing!

MontPelikan