FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
My lucky day!!
Posted 12 March 2005 - 00:34
I have most of my pens shipped to work, because, unfortunately, I'm there an awful lot, plus there's always someone there to sign for packages. But I digress. One of the office ladies came by with my usual assortment of junk mail and a padded envelope. I actually set it aside for about a half hour before opening it up.
I know I've got three packages coming, so it was like russian roulette trying to guess which package this was. As it turns out, it's a pen with a donor cap for a black Esterbrook twist filler I have.
Now twistfillers as a whole are rare. They are one of the few Esterbrook models that can justify being called that. But to find the correct paladium silver trimmed cap for one? It's enough to make me forget all the other tiring things that's happened this week. I've been very fortunate in the parts category so far this year. First the correct barrel for my yellow cracked ice $1.50 pen, now this.
So, that's three down and three more to go. Anyone got a twist filler in green, copper or gray they want to part with? Wouldn't a full set be just awesome to see?
Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:20
Good news (well, not the long hours I guess )! I must admit, I am not very good at even trying to get spare parts, so I have a few junkers sitting around...
OTOH, I am more into nibs and modern pens, and am more of a user than a collector, although I start wondering how I'll ever be able to get around writing with all of my inked pens in a single day. This is something that started happening in the last few weeks, with some packages arriving, yes, to the office - same reason here.
I must admit I also like different filling mechanisms, and have added this one to my list . It wasn't on there yet. So thanks for making me remember. However, if I do run into an Esterbrook twist filler, I'll let you know. I am not in a hurry right now . Budget is shot .
Anyway, thanks for sharing!
the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever
Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:22