Your Favorite MODERN Conway Stewart FP?

PatientType

I have a Belliver in Coral Green and have ordered a Coronet in Walnut. So, we'll see!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PatientType

• Ghost Plane

• ipazzo

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love my Classic Green Churchill.

My Nelson is in the Classic Green and I love the look.

Lever fill Churchills have become my CS of choice for times I don't want the big silver pens. :cloud9:

I just got my Classic Green Churchill, with the IF nib. I happened to be in Seattle, had a great brunch at the Mayflower Hotel, and had hours to kill before the airport. I fired up "Yelp" on the Iphone, looking for likely pen stores, and there, only three blocks away, was World Lux. My wife had bought my first fountain pen there three years ago, over the net. She was looking for an Anniversary present for me next month, and was in a great mood after our Alaskan cruise. We had to stroll over to see the actual B and M store. It was a beautiful morning

Todd asked me what kind of pen I was interested in. I told him that for me, at least lately, it was about the Italic nibs.

He brought out this amazing pen, with great line variation. I was surprised it was a fine. I got line variation, without having my miniscules deteriorate into blots, as often happens with wider nibs. And for me, it is all in the feel, and the feel was wonderful. Todd made me an offer I couldn't refuse.The rest is history.

This is my second lever fill, the first a Waterman with the "5" nib she picke up for me in Barcelona of all places. That was another first, my first flex nib.

. It appears something must have happened the third week of May last year, as you had preferred the large silver pens, I just hope it wasn't too traumatic. I sympathize with you about your problem, and I want you to know I am there for you, should you need to do something with the burden of those large silver pens.

Best Regards,

Adam

Edited by adamselene

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

My favorite modern CS, and my only modern CS is a 2005 Cherry Red Duro.

So pretty that I havent used it from new.

Arthur, your Duro is quite a looker - rich coloring & a lot of depth.

@Adam - The big silver babies are well and in rotation. I simply go through phases. :rolleyes: In fact, I recommend them the next time your wife, who sounds like a wonderful and wise woman, is feeling generous :thumbup:

@Adam - The big silver babies are well and in rotation. I simply go through phases. :rolleyes: In fact, I recommend them the next time your wife, who sounds like a wonderful and wise woman, is feeling generous :thumbup:

As RAH wrote, "Waiting is"

(I told my wife that I had recounted the tale of our morning in Seattle on FPN, and that she was complimented for being a "wonderful and wise woman." She did not look up. She said: "No more pens.")

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

That's strange. My wife has said exactly the same thing.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

The Churchill for it's large size and light weight, also the larger silver pens like my Belgravia. Though I'd prefere an even larger silver pen. If I could afford it, I'd get a bespoke pen based on the Evolution.

That Steinway is the only black pen I have seen, and liked. The Oxford has caught my eye too. Thanks