• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Hi everyone, I very much enjoy looking at this tread and being invigorated and encouraged by all the contributors' imagination so I thought it was my turn to pitch in a little bit. After a long hibernation I'm just getting back to working. This is a piece I did about four years ago. All I remember is I used a lot of Aurora Black and mostly a Sailor Sai-bi togi nib.

post-107375-0-11566300-1520471194_thumb.jpg

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

I sometimes can draw but seldom can spell. Thread, thread!

Drawing61 ​: fantastic work

May I ask you a question?
How thin is the line with Saibi-Tgi?
I have a Platinum UEF, but a dip nib is better all the same.
I always think about Saibi-togi, but I'm not sure if I'll get what I'm expecting.
Thanks.

Edited by Andrew_L

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

Andrew L, your drawings are beautiful. The sai-bi togi makes a very fine line but I've discovered the Franklin Christof needlepoint is even finer.

Corona688, I used vellum Bristol.

You mean you drew on white paper? I'm even more impresed, I figured there must have been black paper with opaque inks. That must have been so much work.

My turn again:

http://burningsmell.org/images/i/octo.jpg

Drawn with a folded ruling pen. Very un-penlike results due to my impatience in not waiting for it to dry between layers.

Two trading cards

24650440057_ee3c3210e0_z.jpg

39518417501_31fda2d8f0_z.jpg

While waiting for the bus (over the course of a few days)

24742217177_5c78cc64e4_z.jpg

An overgrown nursery

38721773215_24871749d0_z.jpg

Also I do enjoy seeing everyones art, it's very stimulating. Sorry that I only pop in to spam, but I'm quite busy atm.

Edited by parkerwasmyfirstlove

Some practice.

Boris Johnson (Mayor of London) about embarrassing situation in the preface to his book "Life of London".

spacer.png

http://lenskiy.org/2018/03/boris-johnson/

I don't know how it was in the original, but the translation is something like this:

"Everyone has moments in their lives when they feel that they have screwed up under the full program, when they have - or do - unforgivable stupidity and understand that everything is lost and there is no hope to save the situation."

Thanks to all for this beautiful work.

My second fountain pen painting. It was fun, and Im not too ashamed of how it turned out. Need to get some brushes, this was done with pens and q-tips.
EiZzXFv.jpg

Edited by kfoss

Very nice! Free and spontaneous like a good watercolor sketch. Did you use the q-tips like a brush?

My second fountain pen painting. It was fun, and Im not too ashamed of how it turned out. Need to get some brushes, this was done with pens and q-tips.

EiZzXFv.jpg

What a lovely rendition of the "the image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available" message. It looks so real.