TWSBI Here ~ Despite the best efforts of FedEx LOL

OldGriz

Well the TWSBI arrived today, despite the best efforts of FedEX who had no idea that fountain pens are shipped filled with ink and also insisted that fountain pen ink was a toxic substance.

Then we have the highly intelligent delivery driver.

On the front door of our home is a rather large sign that states "All Delivers are to made to the back door of the house through the garage." This is because we never use our front door, the bell does not work and it is hard to hear someone knock on it if we are working in the office.

So, I happen to get a cup of coffee and hear someone at the front door and a very very soft knocking sound. I go and open the door and the deliver driver says, "OH, I see your sign. Do you want me to go back through the garage and deliver this to the back door." Well being a fan of some country comedy, I almost told him what HIS SIGN WAS, but decided to be nice and just take the pen.

The pen is amazing, I will be showing the pen off at the Raleigh Show and hopefully be adding them to my inventory if all works out as planned.

I got one with a fine nib and I dip tested it and it wrote sweet, and as wet as I like and very smooth..

Larger and heavier than a Pelikan 400, the cap adds back weight when posted, but the pen fits my hand beautifully un-posted and is comfortable that way for me.

Debating what to ink it with... most likely my "it looks just like" Sheaffer Peacock blend as I have always like that in a clear pen.

Here are two pictures of the pen...

Top picture shows piston filler and nib close up....

Second picture is a size comparison with a Pelikan 200 and a Parker 51, two of the most popular pens around.

Edited by OldGriz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGriz

• mahkie

• GirchyGirchy

• Spitzner

Be sure to put a BEAUTIFUL ink in your TWSBI -- the pen will show it off beautifully! :happyberet:

I made myself a name-badge (roughly business card size) with the FPN banner, the TWSBI jewel, and "Have you seen my TWBI?" for the Chicago Pen Show. I think it's still on my home computer--if you would like me to send it to you, PM me with your e-mail.

Pam

Glad you finally got it, and in time for the show at that. Speaking of which (slightly OT, sorry), anyone know if there's going to be a TWSBI at the New England pen show this weekend?

So do tell us, Tom, what measures are you taking to protect yourself from the hazardous and toxic ink while writing with your new FP? Maybe you should use rubber gloves, fumigation cupboard or gas-mask. :roflmho:

Glad to hear more positive impressions! I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Ooh, a TWSBI club! Yes!!

Just don't say the dreaded "s" word (subforum). :notworthy1:

Pam

Of course, the TWSBI Club will need an "official" emblem and an acronym. How about "T-WOC" or TWSBI Worldwide Owners Club?

:eureka:

I'm hung like Einstein and smart as a horse!

Ooh, a TWSBI club! Yes!!

Just don't say the dreaded "s" word (subforum). :notworthy1:

Pam

Of course, the TWSBI Club will need an "official" emblem and an acronym. How about "T-WOC" or TWSBI Worldwide Owners Club?

:eureka:

And TWSBIWOC?

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

Tom,

I would say I hate to be a pain, in the neck or elsewhere, but you know me better than that. :rolleyes: Any chance of a comparison photo uncapped and ready to write? With the same three pens? I would owe you one more. Thanks.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Tom,

I would say I hate to be a pain, in the neck or elsewhere, but you know me better than that. :rolleyes: Any chance of a comparison photo uncapped and ready to write? With the same three pens? I would owe you one more. Thanks.

Donnie

You are a Royal PIA, but I still like you... :thumbup:

May be able to get it done tomorrow....

Just filled the pen with Noodlers Ottaman Rose.... I love that color and the pen now looks like it is filled with liquid rubies.... very very nice...

Tom,

Donnie

You are a Royal PIA, but I still like you... :thumbup:

May be able to get it done tomorrow....

Just filled the pen with Noodlers Ottaman Rose.... I love that color and the pen now looks like it is filled with liquid rubies.... very very nice...

Not really royal, but maybe a duke -- I do like Duke pens. :roflmho:

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

TWOC might not be the best of names- police here tend to use that acronym for Taken WithOut Consent ie theft

Please add a Pelikan m800 to the mix. Thanks.

Sure, send me one FedEx overnight and I will add it....

I don't own one....

You have a picture of a Pelikan 200 and Parker 51.. that should be enough for anyone to judge the size.

Edited by OldGriz

Please add a Pelikan m800 to the mix. Thanks.

Sure, send me one FedEx overnight and I will add it....

I don't own one....

You have a picture of a Pelikan 200 and Parker 51.. that should be enough for anyone to judge the size.

could you also take some shots next to a rolex explorer and an omega seamaster? i want to make sure it will look good with my watches.

:roflmho:

Edited by watch_art

I can't wait until this pen is available in solid (opaque) colors. I'm not a big fan of clear pens, but this might be the one for me if it doesn't show up in a non-transparent version soon!

Tom

A pen is a good deal like a rifle; much depends on the man behind it. Paraphrased from John Philip Souza

TWOC might not be the best of names- police here tend to use that acronym for Taken WithOut Consent ie theft

And if I remember correctly, you also call hardware salesmen "iron mongers" and pharmacists "chemists"! Amazing how you've managed to mangle the english language. :P

I'm hung like Einstein and smart as a horse!