The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

BAOER RED LACQUER- NEW DESIGN (ITALIC)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:16

Hello
this is a short write up of the Baoer FP in red lacquer. Quite likely a new design copied from Du-pont
I grind it down to italic fine. Have fun; enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 WendyNC

WendyNC

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:45

You did a nice job on that nib.

I have one Baoer pen that I picked up early on upon my return to FPs. At the price point, I find it a fabulous pen. The one you've shown us is pretty. I'll be curious to see how the lacquer holds up, although I'm guessing it will do quite well.

Thanks for the review.
I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

#3 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:16

nice pen and review! are you gonna turnaround and sell it? ;)

#4 mompus

mompus

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:49

I picked up a bunch of that model, in black as well as red, about a year ago. I must say that I found them not only very handsome, but also quite well made. Now, I'm not having an easy time finding more... They may have been a "flash in the pan".
Mompus

#5 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2010 - 16:23

Excellent review, how great it must be to be able to grind your own nibs, thanks.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#6 impossiblebird

impossiblebird

Everything stops for tea

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 February 2011 - 15:31

I think this is the U85. I have a red one, and it's one of the pens in my pocket right now. I find it a smooth wet writer, and the size, weight and balance are excellent, if you don't want to post. Truth is, is doesn't really post successfully, and some might not like the threads and step from section to barrel, although they don't bother me.

The finish is, I think pretty robust; this one has been skidding over quarry tiles a couple of times with nary a scratch. One amusing feature is that, if you give it a good hard shake, the nib and feed will drop right out :unsure: ; if it weren't for that, I'd be recommending the pen left, right and centre. Imagine how messy a 'flick fight' would be with nibs and sections, as well as ink droplets, flying about!

#7 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,905 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 February 2011 - 15:37

You did a nice job on that nib.

I have one Baoer pen that I picked up early on upon my return to FPs. At the price point, I find it a fabulous pen. The one you've shown us is pretty. I'll be curious to see how the lacquer holds up, although I'm guessing it will do quite well.

Thanks for the review.

Dittos on that! Love your handwriting.

I have a very cheap Baoer (Skywalker?) that's a Montblanc 'copy.' For its price, it writes very well. I might buy the red one if it already came with such a nice nib.

Sponsored Content

|