• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• TheNobleSavage

• Bill D

• Daniel Shih

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Aaron,

You are going too fast for me now :D . Another 20 or so inks sampled, written with, scanned, and posted here. I can't keep up anymore...

I have a question for you: could you maybe include a strike with an ear bud, tip dipped in ink, as well, and a few squiggles, quite closely together, maybe with a finer nib, with a broader nib just underneath (or above)?

I would like to add it to my colour spreadsheet,. Well, I would like to add all ink sample her now, so people can compare. I create little samples of about 100 X 25 pixels, which are relatively easy to add, without making the spredsheet too large in size.

TIA,

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I have a question for you: could you maybe include a strike with an ear bud, tip dipped in ink, as well, and a few squiggles, quite closely together, maybe with a finer nib, with a broader nib just underneath (or above)?

???? Please Explain!!

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Ok, I'll try :D .

If you look on the Luxury Brands site, the Noodler's page:

Noodler's page on LB site

You'll notice when you scroll down to the Noodler's Ink color Chart, that there is most of the time for each ink color a straight, fat line, followed by a fine lined squiggly, followed by a fat lined squiggly. This is what I am referring to.

However, rather than having thes lines all next to each other, I would prefer to have then on top of each other, ann very close together too.

So, not:

- straight line - thin squiggly - thick squiggly -

but

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Ok, I'll try :D .

If you look on the Luxury Brands site, the Noodler's page:

Noodler's page on LB site

You'll notice when you scroll down to the Noodler's Ink color Chart, that there is most of the time for each ink color a straight, fat line, followed by a fine lined squiggly, followed by a fat lined squiggly. This is what I am referring to.

However, rather than having these parts of a line all next to each other, I would prefer to have then on top of each other, and very close together too. Furthermore, the thick line should be very thick, hence the suggestion of the cotton ear bud dipped in ink :D , and the squigglies should be tight, not very open. You still want to see white, but preferably 1:1 white:ink colour, not 3:1.

So, not:

- straight fat line - thin loose squiggly - thick loose squiggly -

but

- straight very fat line -

- thin tight squiggly -

- thick tight squiggly -

This is my ideal for cutting and pasting a representative sample from the sample :D .

Anyway, if you could do that, I would appreciate that.

Oh, here are the links to the latest (second) versions of the ink sample comparison thing I compiled:

the spreadsheet, size 2.5 MB

zipped spreadshee, size 1.6 MBt

printed to pdf - so, limited, size 1.4 MB

Let me know what you think of this, please, it would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

the Dutch Madman :lol:

the Mad Dutchman

You are doing one hell of a spreadsheet!! Looks very nice!! Would you mind if I use this on my Blog? I will give you full credit, of course!!

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Hi Bill, NS,

Bill:

Ear bud = Q-tip?

Yes, that's what I meant :doh:, thanks!

NS:

Would you mind if I use this on my Blog? I will give you full credit, of course!!

Yes, of course! I feel very honored, thank you!

I guess the reason of my question regarding ink samples has become a little clearer with this :D .

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Hi Bill, NS,

Bill:

Ear bud = Q-tip?

Yes, that's what I meant :doh:, thanks!

NS:

Would you mind if I use this on my Blog? I will give you full credit, of course!!

Yes, of course! I feel very honored, thank you!

I guess the reason of my question regarding ink samples has become a little clearer with this :D .

Kind regards,

Wim

LOL!!! Yeah I am putting together my Blog which is a Fountain pen and Ink review. I use all of my reviews from FPN on my site.

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Hi NS,

Could you please provide us with a url for your site?

TIA,

Kind regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Hi NS,

Could you please provide us with a url for your site?

TIA,

Kind regards, Wim

Give me a few days so it will be worth visiting. Ill let you know when it is on line and ready to be viewed. Thanks for the intereset

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Wim, this spreadsheet is seriously out of control. You are one Mad Dutchman!!

Great job! It's very well set up--ink samples have never been so easy to compare. Luxury Brands should hire you on the basis of your spreadsheet alone. :)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the kind words!

I must admit it was a bit more work than I anticipated, due to the way Excel handles graphis and, as a result, making sure they would get handled the correct way. I think I'll put it up in the Ink section for general consumption, and see what people like or don't like about it :D .

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Hi Denis,

Thanks!

I call it it the Digital Ink Sampler by Wim, or the DIS Wim for short :lol: .

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Denis, :lol: http://fp.vandebilt.net/emoticon/roflmao.gifhttp://fp.vandebilt.net/emoticon/roflmao.gifhttp://fp.vandebilt.net/emoticon/roflmao.gifhttp://fp.vandebilt.net/emoticon/roflmao.gifhttp://fp.vandebilt.net/emoticon/roflmao.gif

regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman