FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Burnham B48, stub nib
Posted 03 September 2006 - 19:40
I recenty purchased a 1950's Burham B48 with a stub nib. cleaned it and changed the ink sac. This company was one of Conway stewarts competitors. It tended to focus on customers who didn't want gold nibs on their pens. Burnham mostly used stell nibs that screwed into the section. This makes changing nibs easy. Their plastics were very colorful and unique. This brand can form the basis for a nice useful collection.
The writing sample shows how the stub nib offers interesting line variations. Its relatively smooth but has no flex. If you look at the nib closely it will become vident that it wil never win a beauty contest. I wonder if customers in those days had the same impression.
Finally, I think that Burham is an under rated brand that would benefit from more interest. In my collection I have a high end Burham with a gold nib and rings. Probably to compete with Swan. Happy pen collecting.
Posted 03 September 2006 - 19:48
Thanks for sharing and I hope whatever is bothering your heel heals nicely!
Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.
For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.
Posted 03 September 2006 - 20:06
Please write more reviews!
Posted 03 September 2006 - 22:23
That nib looks almost identical to some Osmiroid nibs I have that fit into Esterbrook sections.
Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:36
Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:39
The URL is www.pengrauncher.co.uk
Posted 12 September 2011 - 17:01
Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...