• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malcy

• ericthered2004

• donwinn

• watch_art

Thanks for the review. I've had a couple of these pens for a while now, and they've worked very well. The nib is amazing value, although on mine the cap developed some cracks after a while. I'll probably be picking up a couple more when I'm back in the old country, especially if they are going for 99p. Sometimes the price is higher, however--I've seen them as much as 1.99 GBP in fact, but still the best bargain in town.

Regards

eric

The flowers celebrated their sweetness

With just our noses

(ericthered junior)

Thanks for the review. I've had a couple of these pens for a while now, and they've worked very well. The nib is amazing value, although on mine the cap developed some cracks after a while. I'll probably be picking up a couple more when I'm back in the old country, especially if they are going for 99p. Sometimes the price is higher, however--I've seen them as much as 1.99 GBP in fact, but still the best bargain in town.

Regards

eric

Yes there isn't anything that compares at that price. :thumbup:

I also have one of these. I have only put one cartridge through it in the 8 months I have had it, but I agree that it appears to be very good value. As a school pen, it is surely not far off Safari quality.

Sadly, no availability here in the US. Shame that such bargains are not viable for us here. If I find a place in UK which will ship them, shipping costs more than the pen itself, losing the bargain of the pen.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Sadly, no availability here in the US. Shame that such bargains are not viable for us here. If I find a place in UK which will ship them, shipping costs more than the pen itself, losing the bargain of the pen.

Donnie

I don't think that these are available anywhere except in the shop. I looked at the cost of shipping to the US and a padded envelope. It does cost more than the pen itself

The envelopes are about 40g weight and the pen plus packaging about 20g, So one pen would be about £4 and three pens would be about £6 (about £2 each) assuming the total is under 100g (a bit more if over).

I will be happy to send them for cost if you are interested.

I think you can get the same pen, but without the WH Smith brand, in the USA in Daiso Dollar Stores. At least that is where I found mine.

ron

I think you can get the same pen, but without the WH Smith brand, in the USA in Daiso Dollar Stores. At least that is where I found mine.

ron

The nearest Daiso stores are in San Francisco and Seattle. UK is nearly as close to me as those places. Around 3,000 miles to Seattle, and about 800 less to SF.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Regards

eric

By the way that's a joke about the 1.99 GBP being a lot, my irony wasn't working properly last night

cordially

eric

The flowers celebrated their sweetness

With just our noses

(ericthered junior)

The Woolworth's 'Worth It' pen lives again ( https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48892 ).

I think the OP is a bit generous about it, but it is a remarkable value pen.

Regards,

Richard.

I guess it all depends on what you are rating it against. Obviously against an MB or Visconti, the ratings are too high but but against other pens in the sub £10 category, I think that they are fair. I would have difficulty rating it against top end pens like those as I have no experience of them.

Edited by Malcy

• 1 month later...

Now available with ASDA branding in ASDA supermarkets for 87p.

There is no excuse to be without a fountain pen. :thumbup:

Edited by Malcy

samovar sent me a bunch of those from japan a few months ago. they were in the 1 yen shops... and yeah, pretty nice pens. although the carts that come with them seem a bit low quality.

samovar sent me a bunch of those from japan a few months ago. they were in the 1 yen shops... and yeah, pretty nice pens. although the carts that come with them seem a bit low quality.

I think you mean the 100 Yen store. That's the Daiso stores around here ( SF Bay Area ) I gave a few of those away last weekend on the Pay-it-Forward Forum, since they make easy eyedroppers. It's the shorty version of the same pen, and they take a Sailor-type cartridge. Nice smooth steel nib with no markings.

ron

The nearest Daiso stores are in San Francisco and Seattle. UK is nearly as close to me as those places. Around 3,000 miles to Seattle, and about 800 less to SF.

Donnie

PM me if you are interested in the Daiso no-name shorty or longer version of the pen. They only cost $1.50 here, and I could get several in a $2.00 padded envelope to Texas. The shorty has a sealed barrel for eye-droppering, but the long body has a breather hole, so no good for eye-droppering.