Pens and pencils, oh my!

aebaxter

Hello everyone! My name is Allison, and I've been a pen enthusiast for several years, though I've just recently acquired a few "starter" Waterman fountain pens. I'm only 24 and don't have the money to buy that gorgeous S.T. Dupont Fidelio I would like to own, but what I lack in funds I make up for in enthusiasm. :) Outside of fountain pens, I also own several Lamys, a pair of Rotrings, and a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck ballpoint. Mostly I just pick up whatever I can afford and whatever catches my attention. I also collect woodcase pencils. My current favorites are the Staedtler Mars Lumograph HB and the California Republic Palomino HB.

I'm glad to have found this forum and look forward to reading and participating in discussions.

A.E. Baxter

slow burn productions - my blog on 20-something life including geekery, pens, pencils, & productivity pr0n

"If only I could throw away the urge to trace my patterns in your heart, I could really see you."

- David Brandon (Zen in the Art of Helping)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aebaxter

• Ruaidhri

• mike1

• Judybug

Welcome, Allison!

Your "starter" Waterman is probably a Phileas. I have two of them. They are very smooth writers.

You'll find a lot of good information here as well as friendly people. Enjoy!

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

I have a couple of Waterman pens as well and I welcome you to this den of pen addicts. Enjoy.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome. :)

A.E. Baxter

slow burn productions - my blog on 20-something life including geekery, pens, pencils, & productivity pr0n

"If only I could throw away the urge to trace my patterns in your heart, I could really see you."

Welcome Allison:

It's always nice to have a fellow Texan join the ranks of FPN.

I think there is a club beginning to sprout up in the Austin area. Check under the Club, Meetings,etc topic on this board.

Also, please try and make the Dallas Pen Show on September 29th and 30th, 2006. There will be lot of pens to see and folks who can answer any quesions.

www.dallaspenshow.com

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Allison and welcome aboard! You've got a lot of company in that "high enthusiasm, low funds" category. Hope to see you around the place.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

I'm only 24 and don't have the money to buy that gorgeous S.T. Dupont Fidelio I would like to own, but what I lack in funds I make up for in enthusiasm.

Welcome to FPN! I remember being 24. Well, kinda. I hope you get your Dupont. In the meantime, takalook at some vintage 51s and pearl celluloid Vacumatics, maybe some Snorkels as well. I just don't want you to kick yourself in the rear thirty years from now thinking, "I could've had those for a song when I was young." Just a thought. ;)

Nihonto Chicken

Wooden pencils?  I presume you're already part of the Revolution?

Absolutely! I am also greatly entertained by the Pencil of the Month club from pencilthings.com. I'm a huge fan of PigPog as well! I love your Moleskine reporter GTD hack. Really nice to meet you.

A.E. Baxter