Ready to say hi ;a bit shy

57lakota

Rodrsus7@aol.com

:meow:
I've been lurking around and like what I found here on this friendly forum.Don't mean to rhyme but it seems that I'm alone quite a bit and rather than quit I fight each day this body that's betrayed me,so to God I pray not take me away but give me paper and pen.Ican put my thoughts down and till the end content I'll be. The real me ;a retired by disabilityR.N.I've raised my 7 kids mostly alone and have 8 grand kids so far who call me grma kittycat as I have special feline friends that are my constant companions.Living in L.V. with a daughter, husband and 2 of my grandaughters.planning to move back to Albuquerque where the rest of my kids are after the holidays.Igrew up in Missouri on a farm and have lived a life that has never had a dull moment. except for a period in the mid-'90s when we lived in New Orleans for 5 yearsmostly have lived in N.M.Always loved antiques and such but comming from a family of educators strict on excellent penmanship Ihave had a life long love of fountain pens.Now that my wings have been clipped by several disabilities I count it a blessing as I have the time to devote to my intrests.These also include quilting,I'm an voratious reader ,Learning the computer ,my grandkids,geneology,history,cooking.For one claiming to be shy I have exposed myself tremendously but thank God it's one of my "good" days.My fvorite pens if made to chose would be Shaeffer.I enjoy getting large lots of pens so i have a number that will keep me occupied fixing up and learning all about the different brands etc. So hello to all and I hope I can "pass muster "with you all .Sincerely Susan aka 57lakota;GrmaKittycat :meow: :unsure: :blush:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acfrery

• mike1

• Russ

• 57lakota

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was also a bit shy at first. But the folks at FPN are really nice. It's a great hobby shared among generous, kind souls. Welcome, and keep posting! :)

Welcome to FPN. Lots of good info on fixing up those pens here. Oh, welcome to the kitties also.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Hello and welcome to the FPNuthouse! So, you're another Sheaffer fan. Place seems to have quite a few of us. :D Whatcha got? What's your favorite? I'm slowly building a collection of TD Imperials. Anyhow, hope to see you around.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Welcome, Susan!

Like you, I find writing is very theraputic. I know you will enjoy meeting lots of new friends on FPN. :P

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

welcome susan,

Glad to meet you

Wyatt Earp--Wyatt Earp

brave,courageous and bold

long live his fame & long live his glory

and long may his story be told

There are so many warm and kind folks here, I know you will feel at home. Welcome!

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick

Hello Susan,

We’re all one big family here; a family of “outsiders” you might say, but that is what makes us close. In a world where less than 2% of the population uses a fountain pen we are often lumped into three categories- snobs, retro-philes who are stuck in the past or just general nut-jobs and misfits.

Perhaps we are all a compilation of the three; however, I would prefer to believe most, if not all of us fall into the fourth and least recognized category- the “individualist.” When using a fountain pen in this day and age you are often met with ridicule and jibes such as “oh, you mean you still use one of those things…? I’d never bother with one of those…”

A snob would never subject himself to such critique because he is too concerned about his social position and would buckle under and use a roller-ball. A retro-phile would only use his fountain pen when he was around other retro-philes- just like Star Trek fans only dress like Kirk and Spock when they are around other “Trekkies,” and the mistfits and nut-jobs… well, who knows what they’d do. However, the “individualist” uses his fountain pen with equal pride within every social milieu as well as every private moment.

With this, I say welcome. Welcome to a unique place. Feel free to speak your mind and rest assured if you ask a question to almost any conceivable or inconceivable pen or ink question- you are sure to get at least one response.

Best wishes,

Sean

corniche

PS: I have "owned" cats since 1983, but they have always been BLACK. It's not that I'm into witchcraft or devil worship, it's just that they just look so beautiful to me- like little black panthers. :)

Spike, 1983 - 1997

Rex, 1998 - 2004

Sebastian, 2004 - present.

Edited by corniche

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hi Susan

Do the cats take an interest in your pens (it is normally an inconvenience if they do). Gemma, the jellicle in the avatar, had a deprived kittenhood as a shelter cat, so she not only doesn't know about pens and writing and reading, she also hasn't yet caught on to the fact that what the humans eat might be food for cats.

Welcome aboard (i.e., to the board)

Michael

Welcome to FPN, Susan. I also love cats (I volunteer for a cat rescue charity in my spare time) ... and Las Vegas :D

Neil

[FPN ACCOUNT ABANDONED. I AM NO LONGER ACTIVE HERE, BUT AM SADLY UNABLE TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND DELETE MY POSTS.]