The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

KAIGELU 333

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:33

Hello all
just to share a little more of the Kaigelu 333; the pen review was done with the original nib before it was turned into cursive italic.

Have fun

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 cpsantillan

cpsantillan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:56

Great review!!I like your drawings :thumbup:
CPSC

#3 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:04

Thank you
might do another r/w as it is now italic nib ....so this present one may be a little out-dated Posted Image

#4 penguina

penguina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:08

Love the review, and the drawings :happyberet:

I have a Kaigela pen as well, a 221. A sleek black pen, but with a much more pronounced calligraphy nib, which I enjoy using for my drawing.

How did the nib modification into a cursive italic work here? Is it very different to the original nib?

As an Australian, I enjoy the idea of Kaigelu (Kangaroo) pen, and the stories about Australia that come with the pen. It makes me realise, that even in our world of globalisation....People still do have strange and romantic tales about far away countries.
[b] [/b ] Penguina

#5 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:17

Hi
i did the nib modification to produce line variations. So it is a fine italic with the following writing sample.
Now the nib writes with thin up stroke and broader down stroke.

Yes the pen is quite a quality made, and the good thing is that now Chinese pens are moving away from showy design...Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:49

sure looks like a simple design. thanx for the review!

#7 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• 4,628 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:29

http://www.martiniau...m.php/id=13140/

is that you?

#8 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:32

yes... Posted Image

#9 penguina

penguina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:11

Good luck with the Auction. :thumbup:

Think that I will keep my Kaigula pen for now :vbg:
[b] [/b ] Penguina

#10 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:59

Nice review and great looking pen, thanks.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#11 Neshobe

Neshobe

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 17:24

Haven't been here for a while. Needed to get another fountain pen, so dropped in to drool over some of the beauties and see what might actually be in my budget. Stumbled across the Kaigalu, checked out the reviews here, and ended up ordering a 316. Missed out on the really pretty colors, but the charcoal looked nice (so did the cream and black veined, but I was afraid it might be a little too flashy (may rethink that if the pen lives up to its reviews!) I hesitated over the fact it's made in China, but what the heck, I'm typing away on a laptop that was built in China for an American company and shipped directly to me from China. Weird. So guess I can live with an attractive, well-made Chinese pen that fits my retirement budget.

Still hoping someday to find a nice vintage pen I can afford, though. I was given a nice fountain pen, basic black with gold trim, when I graduated from high school in 1961, which went missing at some point, and I'd love to have something similar. Us older folks get nostalgic.

#12 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,802 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 23:00

Haven't been here for a while. Needed to get another fountain pen, so dropped in to drool over some of the beauties and see what might actually be in my budget. Stumbled across the Kaigalu, checked out the reviews here, and ended up ordering a 316. Missed out on the really pretty colors, but the charcoal looked nice (so did the cream and black veined, but I was afraid it might be a little too flashy (may rethink that if the pen lives up to its reviews!) I hesitated over the fact it's made in China, but what the heck, I'm typing away on a laptop that was built in China for an American company and shipped directly to me from China. Weird. So guess I can live with an attractive, well-made Chinese pen that fits my retirement budget.

Still hoping someday to find a nice vintage pen I can afford, though. I was given a nice fountain pen, basic black with gold trim, when I graduated from high school in 1961, which went missing at some point, and I'd love to have something similar. Us older folks get nostalgic.

A bit off-topic, but if you are looking for a nostalgic black and gold pen, did you notice speerbob's offer of new old-stock Sheaffer Le Bordeaux pens here on the network today (http://www.fountainp...ain-pen-in-box/)? (no affiliation, but a frequent happy customer of Bob's)
ron

#13 ZPORIA

ZPORIA

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2018 - 22:35

Kaigelu 333 now for sale on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079DCVMFP

Sponsored Content