The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Namiki VP (,M. and 0.7mm cursive italic; M250

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ecox

ecox

Erik

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 21:38

I've been playing around with my new Binder 0.7mm cursive italic nib. I'm still having so much fun with it. It hasn't improved my handwriting yet, but I'm going to work on it.
In the meantime, here's a short comparo of a Pelikan M250 with fine nib, VP with stock medium nib, and VP with the cursive italic, and a closeup of the nibs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 00:31

Thanks for posting! The handwriting sample was helpful, but the photo of the nibs side by side was really nice. :)

#3 southpaw

southpaw

Museum Piece

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:12

Thanks for the photos. That cursive italic really adds some flair to your writing. ENJOY!!!
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

#4 tonydacrow

tonydacrow

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 14:46

Now you know why italic nibs are my instrument of choice... :D

#5 scogre

scogre

PenEvangelist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 20:38

Great review! I've had my Binderized left-foot cursive italic nib in my Vanishing Point for a couple of months now, and it is still about my favorite to write with! It has such flair! My stub nibs aren't eventhis much fun!

Scott.

Sponsored Content

|