The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Conklin Symetrik Grey/Pearl

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ranashahbaz

ranashahbaz

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:47

Size and Weight
It is a small to medium size pen (like MB 144) with a moderate weight to it. This combination makes it a well-balanced writing instrument. It feels great in the hand and I was able to write for a couple of hours in my history class without feeling any fatigue - Great for notes taking. A comparatively small nib blends in beautifully with the rest of the body.

Nib Design and Performance
My Symetrik has a 14k gold nib. The inscription on the nib states Conklin, 14k 585, M. It is a small nib (compare to Mont Blanc or Sailor pens), but excels in performance. It leaves a wet line on the paper - buttery smooth out of the box. I love writing with this pen.

Ink Filling System

This pen has a converter filling system. Not much to say about this part of the pen. It suits the overall body of the pen and works great.

Cost/Value

This pen is not easily available. I first saw it on FPN buy and sell section and missed it. Later on, I looked for it everywhere shops and websites and finally found it at www.net2time.com for $100. An empty pocket and 2 weeks later I finally held it in my hands, Well!! you know the rest.... It is not a cheap pen, but definitely worth it for its looks and performance.

Overall Impression
It is a nice looking pen. The pearl white body with bluish gray waves makes it look pretty. I did not want to confess but I think that it has a feminine look to it (Don't tell my MB 149, I keep and use them together... lol). It works great and the nib is awesome. I will give it 9 out of 10.

Attached Images

• DSC00881.JPG
  • DSC00880.JPG
  • DSC00876.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:33

Thanks for a nice review. I like the color of the pen. Kinda subtle. Pleasing to the eye.

#3 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:46

Nice review, photographs and a really nice looking pen, thanks.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Sponsored Content

|