The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mont Blanc Mozart Ball point Pen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kaisede

kaisede

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 20:47

Mont Blanc Mozart Ball Point Pen Review

Hi all,

I got this pen for my sister’s birthday and since it is still setting on my desk I decided to do a little review on it.
The Mozart collection consists of the smallest pens in the Mont Blanc collections. These pens are often known as the pocket pen. They work well with small notebooks or organizers. Personally I prefer larger pen, such as the 146 or the 149, but this pen can be one of those “on the go” pen. I can carry this in the back of my jean pocket without worrying crushing the body.

Measurement:

Length: 10.6 cm (4.2 inches)
Girth: 1 cm (.5 inches)

Body:

It is made from black resin and has platinum trim. Even though the pen is small it is well made. In another word, this pen does not feel flimsy. It is a user pen not just for show.

Weight:

It is actually pretty heavy considering its small size. I think the weight is due to the metal rings inserted inside the barrel near the middle of the pen and the solid steel mechanism that holds the refill.

Conclusion:
MSRP: $350 ( the gold version is $335)
Will I ever buy this pen? Properly not, but it is not because it is not a well made but because I just don’t use ballpoint pen and it is too small for my taste.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next to my 149

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:51

I dont use a ball pen very often but I have the Le Grand version just in case its needed and found it to be an excellent writer.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#3 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2010 - 17:06

This series is very cute! I especially like it in platinum trim. Thanks for sharing.

#4 Ferrarimk13

Ferrarimk13

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 21:03

i got one (with gold trim) for my 8th grade graduation (i know i know, big achievement haha) and i love it, it was my first mont blanc so thats always a plus. I dont write with it much, but it always goes with me on trips or when i need to keep a pen at hand but dont want to bring my 145.

#5 sotto2

sotto2

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:21

I've had one of the regular sized MB ballpoint pens for 22 years and have used it extensively during that period. Got it out again today and will use it once again for making lab notes instead of a fountain pen that tends to bleed through a bit on my lab notebook paper. Wonderful tool and a lifetime investment. For fun sometime, take the cap off and shine a really bright (Surefire type) flashlight up into the cap in a dark room if you want to see a pretty color. Mine is a deep glowing ruby red.

ekfh5f.jpg

#6 jdc4

jdc4

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:21

I have one of these little beauties. Although I generally don't use it much, I should. I find that even though it's small, it's well balanced and nice to write with. I am always fearful of losing it. And my God it's expensive. I would use it more if the ink flowed a little more smoothly and with greater volume. Having said that, these little gems are increasingly hard to find. Would I buy another one, no, but I don't need to. I have one. As I said, I should use it more. It's just a fun writing instrument with the Mont Blanc cachet. 

Edited by jdc4, 17 August 2014 - 04:21.

Sponsored Content

|