Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:39
Sorry I don't have any pictures of my own, but this one is taken from the Swisher Pens website, where I purchased the pen.
Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:10
Posted 18 April 2010 - 17:27
when i first saw this pen at swishers i was hesitant to buy it, cos' there were no reviews or even comments about this pen. well, i happened to be in the Berkely (CA) area and stopped at "Castle in the Air" shop where i test it it and immediately loved it... bought it on the spot along with the the thinner one the "Sleek"!!!
mine is the olive/brown (a bit lighter than yours). it sports a IPG medium nib tha's one of my smoothest steel nibs. for a 6 3/4" size pen posted (you say 5/8"?), has great balance.
one thing i just noticed is that the clip on mine is slightly different. mine has the ball at the end, like the sheaffer's no-nonsense. yours looks like a tear drop. could be because of different colors are different models (?).
mine came with a converter and only cost $35. ... and comparing it to the Phileas or Retro 51, i like the Schrieber better!!
thanx for the review and enjoy your pen!
PS. about the rubbery smell of the ebonite... i like it too!!!
Posted 19 April 2010 - 13:06
Great review, thanks. To be honest looking at the stock photograph it looks more valuable than $40, shame about the minor niggles.
I've actually grown to like the "minor niggles" as you call them. They seem to add character to the pen, and when added to the shape and ebonite, one gets the idea that the pen is much older than it really is.
Posted 19 April 2010 - 13:50