The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Schrieber President

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aircraft_electrician

aircraft_electrician

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:39

Schrieber President, written on Ampad Gold Fibre paper with Waterman Havana Brown

Sorry I don't have any pictures of my own, but this one is taken from the Swisher Pens website, where I purchased the pen.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
A pen is a good deal like a rifle; much depends on the man behind it. Paraphrased from John Philip Souza

Sponsored Content

#2 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2010 - 16:10

Great review, thanks. To be honest looking at the stock photograph it looks more valuable than $40, shame about the minor niggles.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#3 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 17:27

hi there.

when i first saw this pen at swishers i was hesitant to buy it, cos' there were no reviews or even comments about this pen. well, i happened to be in the Berkely (CA) area and stopped at "Castle in the Air" shop where i test it it and immediately loved it... bought it on the spot along with the the thinner one the "Sleek"!!!

mine is the olive/brown (a bit lighter than yours). it sports a IPG medium nib tha's one of my smoothest steel nibs. for a 6 3/4" size pen posted (you say 5/8"?), has great balance.

one thing i just noticed is that the clip on mine is slightly different. mine has the ball at the end, like the sheaffer's no-nonsense. yours looks like a tear drop. could be because of different colors are different models (?). :hmm1:

mine came with a converter and only cost $35. :bunny01: ... and comparing it to the Phileas or Retro 51, i like the Schrieber better!!

thanx for the review and enjoy your pen!

PS. about the rubbery smell of the ebonite... i like it too!!! :blink: :blush:

#4 aircraft_electrician

aircraft_electrician

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 13:06

Great review, thanks. To be honest looking at the stock photograph it looks more valuable than $40, shame about the minor niggles.

I've actually grown to like the "minor niggles" as you call them. They seem to add character to the pen, and when added to the shape and ebonite, one gets the idea that the pen is much older than it really is.

Tom
A pen is a good deal like a rifle; much depends on the man behind it. Paraphrased from John Philip Souza

#5 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 13:50

Great detailed review! Thanks. And especially thanks for hand-writing it. I almost suspected from the quality of your handwriting in the review that this pen was going to grow on you a bit. You seemed very comfortable with it from the outset.
ron

Sponsored Content

|