• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Richard

• Ondina

• jgrasty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps if you share the ink recipe, it will improve the odds that someone will recognize your unknown paper. (No, I haven't a clue what it is. Nice looking ink, though.)

That looks like the Pelikan Violet-Red mix I'm using, in a WET pen... :hmm1: but it's probably something else... and it's a bit darker

Edited by Edgar Allan Bo

That's gorgeous! It seems to me that a good true dark burgundy is very much sort after. That being the case why haven't the big guns come up with anything close?PRs Burgundy Mist but is not nearly as dark as Binder Burg, and takes days to dry.

Anyone fancy dropping a hint to Phil at Diamine. He could do it as abespoke to see how it woud go (the Sherwood Green bespoke they do is awesome!)

Is it a recipe or bottle?

I will buy either one (after a few other purchases).

Soli Deo Gloria!

Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out!

Wouldn't it be more fun if Richard decided to bottle it and we could get the first release of Binder Burgundy?

Then everyone would only have to buy one bottle of ink to get the color to drool for.

I'm waiting to hear if He wants to hit a sac fly or a home run. cool.gif Hoping for a homer. But either way we all win!

C'mon, pb2, cough up that recipe!

pendletonspens.com

~ May the Lord smile on you ~

The only shame is it's not going to look so nice in my xx(x)f nibs. But still come on, cough up! Purty please!

Okay, okay, okay, I'll spill it (so to speak).

We're not able to carry inks for sale, so it's a recipe, not a bottle. I've never been enthusiastic about mixing 3 drops of this, 7 drops of that, 18 drops of the other, and so on, so my recipes are simple. My aim here was to produce a burgundy that has blue undertones like those in real wine, not brown undertones like those in most commercial burgundy inks. Binder Burgundy is a 50/50 mix of Waterman Purple and Sheaffer Slovenian Skrip Red.

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

We're not able to carry inks for sale, so it's a recipe, not a bottle. I've never been enthusiastic about mixing 3 drops of this, 7 drops of that, 18 drops of the other, and so on, so my recipes are simple. My aim here was to produce a burgundy that has blue undertones like those in real wine, not brown undertones like those in most commercial burgundy inks. Binder Burgundy is a 50/50 mix of Waterman Purple and Sheaffer Slovenian Skrip Red.

Thank you!!!

:notworthy1:

Now... Waterman Purple I have. The next question is whether I buy the Sheaffer Slovenian Skrip Red (which I will never otherwise use) or play around with one of the reds I have... Hmmm...

Thanks from me as well. They say simple is best, and this is a living proof it can be the nicest as well. I don't have any Skript Red at hand right now, but I'll give it a try with Waterman Red and start looking for a bottle of the Skript.

Richard, this is what makes us love you beyond being the Nib-Meister you are. This the Script Red (it has "Slovenia" in glass letters on bottom of bottle) at Amazon.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Agghhhh!I've just given away a bottle of Skrip red coz I never thought i'd use it...