The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

minuskin falcon needlepoint superflex

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nawybot

nawybot

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:08

the picture speaks for itself. I now own three of Greg's superflex needlepoint mods to the Falcon. **FABULOUS!!!**

Attached Images

• minuskinReview.png

Sponsored Content

#2 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,369 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:21

Did he add flex like Binder & Mottishaw do or just make it into a needlepoint?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#3 nawybot

nawybot

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:26

Both flex and needlepoint.

#4 Margana

Margana

The Inkophile

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:43

Nice writing. My Falcons have gotten more flexible over time. I wonder if that will happen with your pens, too.

Have a few questions if you don't mind. What size was the nib pre-modification? What is the cost and how long did it take? Did Greg take some of the plating off the nib or is that a reflection?

Thanks!
A certified Inkophile
inkophile on tumblr, theinkophile on instagram, inkophile on twitter

#5 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:44

oh my GOD that is sexy.:puddle:

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#6 nawybot

nawybot

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:19

This photograph was taken more than two months ago. Yes, I believe that I can achieve a significantly wider line with this pen now, but I don't know whether that is an increase in the nib's flex or in my skill. I think, probably, the latter. I do not know the size of this nib pre-mod, but I assume it was the teensiest available from Falcon. The modification, once ordered, took less than two days until Greg shipped--I assume this would vary with variations in demand for his services--but a few days after his work were, of course, required for shipping cross-country during the Northeast-US blizzard. (This, for pen #1, which is the pen featured in the pic, occurred during February on the East Coast, where I live, receiving from California, where Greg does business. Yesterday, I received pen #3 from him after three days shipping, coast-to-coast, via USPS, no blizzards involved.) The cost of each pen, including shipping, was significantly less than $300. He now claims to be out of stock on these pens. However, I have twice bought "the last one" from Greg's stock, both pen #2 and pen #3 were so advertised. :-) I think that what you are worrying might be "loss of plating" is just my lousy photography, i.e., a reflection. The nibs on all pens are ***GORGEOUS***. Really nasty, dangerous-looking, rapier-like nibs, much less pacifistic than either Binder's or Mottishaw's (examples of which I also own.) They'll definitely put yer eye out! Be super-careful when flourishing with these pens!!!

Nice writing. My Falcons have gotten more flexible over time. I wonder if that will happen with your pens, too.

Have a few questions if you don't mind. What size was the nib pre-modification? What is the cost and how long did it take? Did Greg take some of the plating off the nib or is that a reflection?

Thanks!

#7 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:21

Nice review, absolutly lovely writing with great line variation, thanks.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#8 Silas

Silas

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:17

So glad to see that Pen!! And your handwriting in magnificent!

I have one EXACTLY like yours from Greg....with superflex, fine, italic oblique. Absolutely stunning!!

What is your favorite ink in it? Mine, so far, is PR Supershow Blue. (But it will smear for awhile!)

#9 nawybot

nawybot

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:17

So glad to see that Pen!! And your handwriting in magnificent!

I have one EXACTLY like yours from Greg....with superflex, fine, italic oblique. Absolutely stunning!!

What is your favorite ink in it? Mine, so far, is PR Supershow Blue. (But it will smear for awhile!)

Oh, thank you <blush>. However, my three are neither Italic nor oblique. Sorry for the long delay in responding. My favorite ink in any fountain pen these days is Aurora Black, among the contemporary fountain pen inks. Among all fountain pen inks over all time, however, my favorite is still <throb, throb> Parker Penman black. Not made any longer. Oh, Parker, wherefore hast thou Quinked?!?

#10 bartlee01

bartlee01

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:05

I was just wondering, is it also possible to write fast with this kind of pen if you are not particularly trying to achieve line width variation?

Or would that risk damaging the nib?

Sponsored Content

|