The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Prera Vivid Pink

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 22:10

I just got my Pilot Prera Vivid Pink in the mail today and had to share it with you. It's my third fountain pen (following a Lamy Al-Star and Sailor A.S.). It's pretty comfortable to write with despite it's relatively short size. But I still kind of miss using my Lamy, which isn't working due to some faulty Noodler's Manjiro ink but had really smooth ink flow initially. I also lost my Sailor awhile back (finally ordered a replacement the other day though). Anyway, I'm pretty bad at writing reviews, this being my first one and all. Just look at the pic I attached and judge for yourself. And excuse my chicken scratch handwriting. :D

Attached Images

• pilotprera.jpg

Edited by jaderabbit, 15 April 2010 - 22:14.

Sponsored Content

#2 orangeaurora

orangeaurora

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:05

Thanks for the review! The Prera is a wonderful pen. I have two myself. One started as a fine like yours, but I, too, thought the fine nib was too fine for my taste. I bought a Pilot Pluminix, which has an italic nib, and swapped the nibs between the two pens. I love the Prera with the italic nib. Surprisingly, I really like the fine nb now that it's on the Pluminix. The Pluminix is perfect to keep with my small planner notebook because the fine nib lets me make notes on the calendar pages with very small handwriting

My other Prera has a medium nib, and I like it very much. Even though the line width is still narrow ("fine" by Western standards), it suits me better than the fine nib did when it was on the Prera.

My Preras are ivory and light blue. That pink you chose is an outstanding color! Lovely!

#3 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:23

Thanks for the review, its certainly a vivd coloured pen, you wont have trouble finding it.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#4 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2010 - 13:12

Congratulations on your first review :thumbup: I am impatiently waiting for 2 Pilot Preras in the post, a lime green and ivory, both with M nibs.
Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4.8

#5 bluemagister

bluemagister

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 13:34

I have a burgundy Prera and it's the finest pen for the price I've ever seen. I like my F nib for writing in thin-ruled notebooks and Nakahama is a good choice for a Prera, but you'd need to dilute it about 70/30 ink:water to get it flow well.

#6 karinh

karinh

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 21:07

Nice review!

Lovely pen! Don't have one but looking at that gorgeous pink I have a feeling that one of these will be coming to my house in the future. I kind of fancy the bright green one too.
"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light." - Groucho Marx

#7 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 21:43

thanx for sharing. nice chicken scrattch! your writing has character.

PS: is that a ding on the Lamy's cap?

#8 WyattS

WyattS

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2010 - 14:18

I have a Pilot 78g fine nib which shares the same nib variety with the Prera. I have found that it had some flow issues (inconsistent saturation level in lines). Perhaps I will try what Bluemagister has recommended and dilute the ink a bit. Thanks Bluemagister!

"What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals"
-William Shakespeare

#9 MJSchuelke

MJSchuelke

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2010 - 14:55

Congratulations on your first review :thumbup: I am impatiently waiting for 2 Pilot Preras in the post, a lime green and ivory, both with M nibs.

Have you found a source in the UK or elsewhere in the EU, or have you ordered from overseas?

#10 LexieS

LexieS

Crazy Cat Lady

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2011 - 21:19

The pink is so gorgeous! I just ordered the white, and I am very excited about it. I am also a huge fan of the Lamy Al-Star, I have the exact same color as yours.

Finally, a place where being obsessed with pens and paper is the norm...

#11 liapuyat

liapuyat

Pelikan Fan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 13:08

I have one of these, and another in yellow. Really great daily use pens, for editing/commenting, underlining and all-around note-taking.
"Luxe, calme et volupte"

#12 czanguine

czanguine

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:03

I wonder if there are any Pilot Preras available in the Philippines, and if so, which stores carry them? I'm hoping to get hold of a few to try out.
I am the girl with the long name, or simply cza

Sponsored Content

|