The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

FS Visconti Opera Black Guilloche with a customized nib

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dandelion

dandelion

reality always trumps fiction

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:44

Posted Image

Ok, This hurts - for real - but I must make some priorities, so this Visconti Opera in Black Guilloche have to go.

This particular Visconti Opera comes in Black Guilloche and sports a customized stubbish fine with some spring. I bought it new from Bryant and it originally had a medium nib, but it was customized by Oxonian (member here who does a truly great job with nibs) and I have been very happy with it. Not semi-flexible, but springy with a bit of line variation
Posted Image

(On more sample below). It can be a little picky with inks but not very picky. It particularly loves Diamine Registrar's Ink and Rohrer & Klingner's Scabiosa - this nib brings out the beauty in them. I don't seem to have taken any photos of writing samples of these inks in this nib, though, and it is already thoroughly cleaned for the sale, so I don't want to ink it up again to take more photos) .

It is a c/c filler and comes with the original converter, but you can use all kinds of international cartridges in it and/or any converter that is compatible with international cartridges. Since this pen has been in use it shows some signs of use - but no major scratches. I'd say that it is in a very good condition. I unfortunately don't have the box, but I have the papers.

You find my review of it here. It comes with its papers, but without its box.

I'd like $200 for the Opera - including registred shipping all over the world & PP fees. Add $6 for full insurance.

If you are interested - send a PM. First firm "I want" gets the pen.

Cheers/dandelion

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by dandelion, 23 March 2010 - 12:51.

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****
*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Sponsored Content

#2 Dean

Dean

Country Doc

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2010 - 00:34

PM sent
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded how much he had learned in the last seven years.
--Mark Twain

#3 dandelion

dandelion

reality always trumps fiction

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2010 - 13:55

Pen SOLD. Thanks FPN!

Edited by dandelion, 25 March 2010 - 07:26.

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****
*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

#4 stephl

stephl

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 00:30

PM sent.
Live: Run, swim, cycle, spin, hike, read, write, do something!

Sponsored Content

|