Parker vector or jotter

aditya

I have read many reviews of parker jotter because im planning to buy either a jotter or a vector

im really confused wht to buy since lamy safari would have been my first choice but its not available in my region.

one thing i didnt like about vector was tht it was too small and i personally dont like small fountain pens

many ppl are saying tht jotter is very dry and vector is too wet.

i am seriously confused which one to buy........

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aditya

• rahulg

• dogpoet

• Ispriluc

Buy a 45, from here, ebay or anywhere else. thumbup.gif

Parker 51 Vacumatic 0.7 Masuyama stub; TWSBI 540 M; TWSBI 580 1.1; Mabie, Todd and Bard 3200 stub; Waterman 14 Eyedropper F; 2 x Hero 616; several flexible dip nibs

owned for a time: Parker 45 flighter Pendleton stub, Parker 51 aerometric F, Parker 51 Special 0.7 Binder stub, Sheaffer Valiant Snorkel M, Lamy Joy Calligraphy 1.5 mm, Pelikan M200 M, Parker Vacumatic US Azure Blue M, Parker Vacumatic Canada Burgundy F, Waterman 12 Eyedropper, Mabie Todd SF2 flexible F

I would second the Parker 45. They are great pens, especially if you get a good vintage one from e-bay, or even from someone here.

I have a P45 and a Vector which I can let you have, as I am about to put a for sale notice up with several cheaper pens on it. PM me...

I have a P45 and a Vector which I can let you have

This way you can compare them and see which one is better, but i think you`ll agree with both of us. Good luck!

Parker 51 Vacumatic 0.7 Masuyama stub; TWSBI 540 M; TWSBI 580 1.1; Mabie, Todd and Bard 3200 stub; Waterman 14 Eyedropper F; 2 x Hero 616; several flexible dip nibs

owned for a time: Parker 45 flighter Pendleton stub, Parker 51 aerometric F, Parker 51 Special 0.7 Binder stub, Sheaffer Valiant Snorkel M, Lamy Joy Calligraphy 1.5 mm, Pelikan M200 M, Parker Vacumatic US Azure Blue M, Parker Vacumatic Canada Burgundy F, Waterman 12 Eyedropper, Mabie Todd SF2 flexible F

I've not used a jotter (not a fountain pen, anyway: the biros are very nice), but I'd second your thoughts on the vector. Not only is it a skinny little thing, the edge of the barrell can cut into your thumb if you hold a pen high up on the section.

Tawanda's right about the 45: you can get a very nice old one on ebay for about the same (or even less) than you'd pay for a vector, and it's a much nicer pen. I haven't bought one yet that doesn't work, and it's a cartridge pen not one with an internal reservoir, which could be handy.

Actually i really appreciate u guys fr guiding me (im new to the fountain pen world =p)

but im nt getting it online , im getting it locally fr i guess the vector fr about 8$ and the jotter fr 12$

and tht i guess is waay cheaper than a 45 although if i went for good parker pens i'd go for parker 51 (but first i should get a hang of fountain pens)

my friend actually got a vector type *parker* pen here fr 2$ (it's not duplicate,its really a parker with vector nib just tht it was in a saleout and was for the france 98 football world cup)

in my area pens like sheaffer and parker sell really cheap just tht they dont have 45's or 51's (diang!!!!)

(p.s the same friend of mine got a sheaffer original pen (plastic one) for 2$)

i tried to get tht one but they are now offering it along with other sheaffer ball pen and ink s for 8$ again (im nt interested in the balls and roller ball so i left tht one)

i will definitely go for the 45, but since i own 5, i decided to get a SS Jotter and i was pleasantly suprised by its smoothness. between the vector and the jotter, i chose the latter. mind you, i wouldn't get the plastic body jotter (that one feels and look cheap). it's the stainless steel (SS) i have.

If you have access to one, a Parker Frontier might also be a good choice.

The Frontier is a nice pen and isn't as flimsy as the Jotter and the Vector.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

funny... when i posted the other day, i was gonna go back and edit it to include the Frontier. great suggestion! but i still go for the P45 ;)

@dogpoet - hmmm

@pinkbulldog- i think there are parker frontiers in my area (im still checking with the suppliers)

@rahulg- im actually a NRI and live in bahrain (an island near saudi)

I think id rather buy the vector (only if its available in fine)

but again the jotter is stainless steel so id keep tht in mind

Since you are in Bahrain, I think its easier for you to order online. You can also search around for the Pelikan Pelikano as a starter pen. A good steel Vector with a fine nib can be a good point to start off from.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/30vg3eo.jpg

Follow at @rg1283 and http://bluecabbage.blogspot.com

@rahulg-actually the shiping charges and all tht is bugging and more expensive also vectors already available in bahrain the steel ones also.

Then why not try out a Vector, preferably with a fine nib. I think you will be satisfied.

Also, just a friendly information: it's better if you had posted this in the Parker subforum. This review section is used only for pen reviews. That way, you'll also get more replies to your query.

-Regards,

Rahul G

http://oi44.tinypic.com/30vg3eo.jpg

Follow at @rg1283 and http://bluecabbage.blogspot.com

buy the steel one, when I got my first FP I opted for the plastic one and the color faded after a month or two of use.

I should say though that I have a very sweaty hands and I was in law school back then (lots and lots of writing activity).

one thing i didnt like about vector was tht it was too small and i personally dont like small fountain pens

Vector is a love/hate type of pen.

Take a look at IM, Urban or Frontier instead. Frontier is more expensive than the others. Sheaffer 300 may also be a candidate. Pelikano and Waterman Phileas are great value pens, I am not sure if you can find them locally.

Regards,

Verba volant, littera scripta manet.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! I think of the two I would opt for the Jotter. My daughter has a Vector and I'm not too impressed. the Frontier is a good alternative and step up. The 45 may actually still be available in some stationary stores. Also have you looked to see if any stores carry a Waterman Kuture.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I've used both pens. The vector was a good pen at first but it felt a bit narrow and light. I eventually had a problem where the whole pen would come out of the barrel when i tried to remove the lid. I then got a Vector. At first it felt very heavy and a bit scratchy going from the vector but i like it now. it's a nice looking pen that feels far studier to hold and use than the vector. Hope this advice helps, i own the vector gt (whith a gold plated nib)and would recommend it over the vector, even though it is about double the price.