Royal Blue: Parker Quink vs Camlin

neeraj

in my earlier post i had asked about your experience with parker quink ink, as i found it (royal blue color) too pale as compared to local brands availble here like Camlin.

i would like to share my experience after using both of them.

i found quink a bit paler but the contrast it creates with the paper after the ink dries is more soothing to read.

whereas the camlin royal blue ink reates a heavy contrast, the color is a bit more light bright blue than the color of parker and the heavy contrast that camlin ink creates looks a bit more unfriendly to read --- as i make notes of my studies, as i fill the paper with handwriting..i feel parker quink royal blue better and i am commenting the comfort level to read it on that basis (after filling out the paper almost full)

this is what my opinion and experience is.

the high contrast camlin is best i guess for the ones who use the fountain pen for limited writing ..like signature, correction, moderation..etc.. and it surely makes the signature stand out because of its high contrast...

COnclusion: Quink Royal blue -- good for students who make notes

Camlin Royal Blue -- good for people who have write less and be more authoritative with their writing --signatures and stuff like that)

so there is no winner -- but they both stand out

thanks

by the way -- camlin ink is available here in India for $0.25 and Parker quink $1

post-41506-126856775919.jpg

Edited by neeraj

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Revolution

• hari317

• Mesu

• drbalajipsy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice review, thanks.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Thanks for this review Neeraj. You must try Bril Royal blue, another Indian brand of ink. I personally prefer Camlin over Quink royal blue.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 2 years later...

Depends on how you want the writing to read after say a week or ten days. Parker Quink Blue is disappointing because it fades away and does not make its mark anymore. Quink Black is good, but it can get washed away in water, but still readable.

I am now trying PR Choclat which is good enough.

Noodlers is not avilable in India. Or are they? Would like to try their permanent inks that will be best for my work.

Depends on how you want the writing to read after say a week or ten days. Parker Quink Blue is disappointing because it fades away and does not make its mark anymore. Quink Black is good, but it can get washed away in water, but still readable.

I am now trying PR Choclat which is good enough.

Noodlers is not avilable in India. Or are they? Would like to try their permanent inks that will be best for my work.

If you want a permanent ink that is available in India, look for the Montblanc Midnight blue ink. It is permanent, water resistant.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

If you want a permanent ink that is available in India, look for the Montblanc Midnight blue ink. It is permanent, water resistant.

William Penn lists Black, Burgandy and Royal Blue colours from Montblanc.

Not the midnight blue.

quink blue will fade over time and on some papers it fades faster. the kind of nib and paper also decides the amount of ink that is put on paper along with the bleaching properties of the paper. ink performance differs from nib to nib and paper to paper.

rgds.

krishna.

ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

• 7 months later...

I'll take Camlin over Quink any day.

1. Both are budget inks, so the "premium" factor is not involved.

2. As shown by the OP, Camlin has a much richer hue.

3. Price-wise, Camlin costs 25 paise per ML and Quink costs INR 1.67; So Quink costs 6.8 times what Camlin costs (ML for ML).

You can find Camlin Blue and Black 500 ml bottles online for around Rs. 70 per bottle.

Inglourious Basterds...

Hi Neeraj

Thanks for the comparison.

I have both inks and prefer the Camlin. Quink Blue is not saturated enough for me. It looks ok when it is wet, but dries pale. I use it now, only for mixing.

(I don't mind the Quink Black, but it is quite a dry ink and you have to choose your pen carefully.)

Tenet insanabile multos scribendi cacoethes.

Many are possessed by the incurable urge to write.

Juvenal

• 10 months later...

Hi Neeraj

Thanks for the comparison.

I have both inks and prefer the Camlin. Quink Blue is not saturated enough for me. It looks ok when it is wet, but dries pale. I use it now, only for mixing.

(I don't mind the Quink Black, but it is quite a dry ink and you have to choose your pen carefully.)

Parker Washable Blue goes on a bright blue but fades as it dries. I can't find my bottle of Quink Permanent Blue -- available in France, perhaps, and in the US only by special order. However, my memory says that Quink Permanent Blue is close to Camlin's Camel. Camel smells like grand old Quink with Solv-X; Parker was required to remove Solv-X about ten or fifteen years ago.

If you can buy Camlin's Camel, you are lucky!

(I think Chelpark is similar to Camel and old Quink, and Chelpark Blue-black looks close to classic Quink Blue-black)

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

I bought my Camel and Chelpark inks through Fountain Pen Revolution, though, I believe they do not supply them any more.

Tenet insanabile multos scribendi cacoethes.

Many are possessed by the incurable urge to write.

Juvenal

What about the Chelpark royal blue ink. Its a safe, washable ink that i've used for years. Highly recommend ink. Also, if you want a permanent ink, try out the Chelpark sapphire blue.

Thanks for this review Neeraj. You must try Bril Royal blue, another Indian brand of ink. I personally prefer Camlin over Quink royal blue.

Where would i find the Bril in Mumbai. Tried some local shops and none of them have heard of the brand.

Where would i find the Bril in Mumbai. Tried some local shops and none of them have heard of the brand.

difficult. the ink is not marketed outside the south of India. look in bangalore, hyderabad or chennai.

I have tried Quink Blue and will always prefer Camlin Royal Blue. In my experience it is better quality, more reliable, a much better shade of blue and costs four times less.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the review!

Any way to make Parker Quink Blue Ink more vibrant and deep ?

Any way to make more fade proof mixing something with the ink ?

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.