The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy joy 1.5

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ispriluc

Ispriluc

One pen to rule them all

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 18:46

The writing belongs to my wife. She loved the pen the moment she touched it.

I like it a lot too. Its made out of plastic, but it doesn`t feel cheap, and its large enough, a little larger than i thought, so its not too lightweight. Well balanced overall. It looks good, not too shiny, not too bright coloured, just how i like them. :)

The nib is smooth and it writes very well. It`s actually a pleasure to write with this pen, who am i kidding...It was difficult to put it away and start this review. At normal writing speed, the nib tends to skip a little, but perhaps thats because of me searching for the best writing position. At slow speed, it doesnt skip at all. After all, its a calligraphy pen...

The thing that i like most is the grip. The section has these cavities where my fingers fit perfectly and i can hold the pen very steady. Thats very nice.

I bought it at a very good price and it took only 5 days to arrive from UK to Romania. If anyone wants to know where i bought it, please send me a pm, because i dont want to be accused of free advertising or any affiliation.

Warm regards

Edited by Ispriluc, 11 March 2010 - 19:29.

Parker 51 Vacumatic 0.7 Masuyama stub; TWSBI 540 M; TWSBI 580 1.1; Mabie, Todd and Bard 3200 stub; Waterman 14 Eyedropper F; 2 x Hero 616; several flexible dip nibs

owned for a time: Parker 45 flighter Pendleton stub, Parker 51 aerometric F, Parker 51 Special  0.7 Binder stub, Sheaffer Valiant Snorkel M, Lamy Joy Calligraphy 1.5 mm, Pelikan M200 M, Parker Vacumatic US Azure Blue M, Parker Vacumatic Canada Burgundy F, Waterman 12 Eyedropper, Mabie Todd SF2 flexible F

Sponsored Content

#2 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:58

thanx for the review! i must say, i don't have any use for the long barrel of the joy.
i own two safari's and i agree with you about the 1.5 skipping at fast speed. the 1.1 on my Vista is great!!

too bad about the darn grip! that never works for me. i'm glad it does work for you. enjoy!
regards,

PS. your wife has nice hand-writing.

#3 specialk0449

specialk0449

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:35

A very nice review and beautiful hand writing. I bought the Joy yesterday. Mine has the 1.9 nib. It was skipping a little when I wrote fast until I started using the converter instead of the cartridge.

#4 Ispriluc

Ispriluc

One pen to rule them all

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:06

It was skipping a little when I wrote fast until I started using the converter instead of the cartridge.

I`ll try he converter when he cartridge goes empty. Thank you

Parker 51 Vacumatic 0.7 Masuyama stub; TWSBI 540 M; TWSBI 580 1.1; Mabie, Todd and Bard 3200 stub; Waterman 14 Eyedropper F; 2 x Hero 616; several flexible dip nibs

owned for a time: Parker 45 flighter Pendleton stub, Parker 51 aerometric F, Parker 51 Special  0.7 Binder stub, Sheaffer Valiant Snorkel M, Lamy Joy Calligraphy 1.5 mm, Pelikan M200 M, Parker Vacumatic US Azure Blue M, Parker Vacumatic Canada Burgundy F, Waterman 12 Eyedropper, Mabie Todd SF2 flexible F

#5 m13a8

m13a8

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:28

Nice pen and good review! I'll have to pick one of these up some day :)

#6 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:08

Nice review, thanks.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#7 shaqin93

shaqin93

Awesome!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 13:33

Thanks gor the review.

#8 nicholasyeo

nicholasyeo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2010 - 13:11

The joy is really a wonderful and most importantly, affordable pen.
Further, it is really versatile and usable. Great review of a pen
like this. My dad has two of these pens, in fact, with OM nibs.
Perfect for all kinds of artistic and calligraphic script, even to
design invitation cards and words for good wishes to people.

Sponsored Content

|