Hello and questions

chris_millars

hello all. i'm new here and just thought i'd introduce myself and my pens. it all started with a couple of parker sonnets a couple of years ago but recently bought some older pens and need some info on them.

1st recent purchase:

Parker Duofold Black

looks like this

http://www.eaton.demon.co.uk/images/441g.jpg

http://www.andys-pens.ukhome.net/pa45801.jpg

just googled pictures but pretty similar

Nib says Parker 14K 585 ENGLAND 10

Body says PARKER DUOFOLD

MADE IN ENGLAND

gold band is right at the bottom of the cap instead of a little way up like in the pics

has an ink sack instead of any filling mechanism and the sack has two rods floating in it which i think may have come off something. A shorter one maybe 3cm*2mm hollow and a longer one maybe 5cm*1mm

any thoughts

Bought a set of shaeffers at a market today as well really intersted to find out what these are and i'll post pics soon but from searching the net the pen certainly has a nib very like the legacy/PFM and has the squared end and vaccuum filler comes with matching pencil in presentation box and both in air force blue. only £3 so not really sure but hopefully someone will have some more info. also 14k nib but will get more details soon when i have it in my hand again.

http://www.penopoly.com/assets/sheaffer/shf2798.JPG

like this maybe a bit narrower?

http://www.fountainpen.de/pics/fremd/giese/shaeffer-legacy/nib.jpg

nib very simliar design

Sorry for the general rambling but just typing this quickly. will clear up any confusion later

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• southpaw

• chris_millars

• mike1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.penhero.com/PenGallery/Sheaffer/Pics/SheafferImperialEarly28.jpg

this is it excatly thanks. worth getting, polished up and serviced?

seems in perfect nick anyway, even the nib is perfect.

Welcome to FPN. You've got a very pretty set there. Not sure which one you have but that looks to be an Imperial. I have several.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

this is it excatly thanks. worth getting, polished up and serviced?

seems in perfect nick anyway, even the nib is perfect.

What you've got there is a Sheaffer Imperial IV. Is it a TouchDown or c/c filler? In short, the answer to your question is:

- If it's a TD filler, no it's not worth squat, and you should box it up and ship it to me for proper disposal :P .

- Seriously, I wouldn't pay to have it restored. They're easy enough to do and quite durable - it'd be a good one to do yourself, even if you're a newbie to restoration. There are some links around here on the basics, plus Richard Binder's site is great. If you have any trouble, you can always ask here in the Repair forum and get plenty of help.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)