Many Inexpensive Piston Fillers

smeden

Ohh yeah just submitted my order! Prices from this FPN member cant be beat and from the forum postings, doesnt look like his service can be beat either. Cant wait to get the pens and try them out for myself.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smeden

• ScottT

• kwpalzang

• davidfeitosa

WOWIE

My pens arrived today!! Outstanding :-)

I inked up a Dollar 717i Demonstrator straight away and I am impressed with the smoothness of the nib on that little guy. It lays down a nice medium width line using PR Avacado... I'll have to try some noodler's in one of the others.

Thanks Peter for the amazingly fast shipping!

Currently Inked:

Montegrappa Extra 1930 Shiny Lines "Dove" L.E. (05/80) - Montblanc Permanent Grey (90yr Anniversary)

Pineider Arco - Monteverde Scotch Brown

Montblanc Rouge et Noir - Montblanc Bleu Nuit

Montblanc Meisterstuck Ultra Black - Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi

Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Maxi - J. Herbin Lie de Thé

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png

No 110 problems here. It needed a bit more smoothing than the 1745, that's all.

When you're good at it, it's really miserable.

Can't thank you enough Peter for making good on our recent transaction. You are a very professional seller. My two P120s arrived on Monday in perfect condition. It took only 4 days from Finland to NJ - unbelievably fast!

Once again, thank you and wish you all the success in your business!

BTW - the P120 is a very solid pen - smooth, firm nib and piston. I now have 3 of these.

• 2 weeks later...

My package of Dollar 717i Demonstrator pens arrived on Saturday after having made the payment on a Monday. Very prompt shipping to the Boston area. I have yet to ink them as I am waiting for suitable ink in the mail. I would highly recommend this seller in regards to shipping. I plan to order again from this seller.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my pens in the mail today! I inked up the 717i and in my opinion, it writes better than my Lamy Safari. I want to thank smeden for making these available to us.

• 1 month later...

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files