The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Prera - Italic Nib

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2010 - 18:21

See the entire post with photos here: Featured Pen - Pilot Prera

Following is the body of the post:

I purchased this pen from another member of FPN for two reasons, it was pink (I didn't have my pink Lamy Safari at that time) and it has an italic nib. This pen generally does not come with an italic nib, believe me I tried to find more. But I guess the seller either knew someone, had them ground or, my strongest belief, the nibs came from other type of Pilot pen originally. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. The nib is marked and the feed is identical to the feed in the Pilot 78G, but this nib is silver in color rather than the gold of the 78G.

This is a small pen, only 4-3/4 inches long capped, 4-1/4 inches unposted and 5-1/4 inches posted. It weighs in at 15 gm with the cap.

It is solidly built but feels very light in your hand. It is typical of the lower end Pilot products. Light, inexpensive without sacrificing quality.

The pen is available from several online sources at prices ranging from $36 to $42. It is well worth the price.
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Sponsored Content

#2 drawohna

drawohna

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 20:28

Hi,

Could you tell us where these are available with the italic nib?

#3 mooshi

mooshi

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 934 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2010 - 20:52

Hi,

Could you tell us where these are available with the italic nib?

You could switch the nib out with a Plumix one of a B nib from the 78G. The Plumix, 78G, and Prera use the same nib and feed system.

-- Moo

#4 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:46

I purchased mine here, from an FPN member, but I do not think they are available from him any longer. I have a friend in London who advised me that they are available as an italic in UK.

But most people I know do what Moo has advised and swap out the nibs.
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

#5 Edgar Allan Bo

Edgar Allan Bo

- ~ * ~ = Antique = ~ * ~ -

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2010 - 13:23

The Italic on the 78G is the B-italic (also available with BB-italic), the italic nib in the Pluminix (and the Prera) is the M-italic, the Plumix is available with B, M, and also F italics... you can switch all of them around as you like!

#6 tawanda

tawanda

Over the hill but refusing to wear roller skates

• Member - Gold

• 1,802 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 23:04

I have an Ivory Prera with a Plumix M italic in it. I did use a 78g B nib for a while but as the furnature on the Prera is chrome and the 78g nib is gold plated, it just didn't look right to my eye. Now, with the Plumix nib, which is steel, it is great.
For Sale:
Penman Ink http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/11952-penman-mocha-ink/
Pilot Elite (Short-Long)http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/11951-pilot-elite-short-long/

#7 spotted and speckled

spotted and speckled

Miami, Florida

• Member - Gold

• 829 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2010 - 00:05

I took the nib from a Plumix and put it in my Prera.
Much Love--Virginia

#8 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:42

Nice pen, thanks for the review.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Sponsored Content

|