The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Legance Custom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lehnsherr

Lehnsherr

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:52

Posted Image

Here's a write up about the Pilot Legance Custom. The range probably has the most exciting color offered by as it differs from the standard mostly black pens of the Custom Range. I ordered my pen in Blue and love the shade but I can't seem to fall in love with the marbled look (still prefer a solid color pen) and this pen will go on sale in marketplace BNIB...well I thought I should post some pictures to share with the community first.

Material
Pilot says that this pen is crafted out of "プロピオネイト樹脂" and Google Translate tells me its "Resin Puropioneito" I am no chemist but I guess this is not real celluloid so I dug online and found a plastic by the name of "Cellulose-acetate-propionate"...Well I guess that should be material that the pen is made of although I am not too sure as I am just matching the name to the translated words.

As far as the pen is concerned, it's a very light material, translucent and strong...definitely suitable for making a pen.

The section is however plastic since its black

Posted Image

Cap Band
The band is inscripted "Legance Custom Japan" omitting the usual stars that are on the other Custom pens...hmm I do find the cap band rather boring without the stars :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Size
I would like to compare the size to a Sailor Professional Gear as it definitely looks like one in terms of shape. Here are my findings:

Similarities in Size - uncapped, posted
Differences in Size - capped, barrel diameter (legance is longer capped, and more streamlined in diameter)

So if you like the Size of the Progear, you will like the Custom Legance

Nib
I never inked the pen but its a standard 14k Pilot Size 5 :)

Posted Image

What's included
Pilot included with this pen the CON-70 so you actually don't have to purchase converter seperately. Also the standard box and papers with a ink cartridge incluced.

Thanks for looking!
Currently Using: Pelikan M805

Sponsored Content

#2 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:22

Nice review, thanks.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#3 rokurinpapa

rokurinpapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2010 - 19:29

Thank you for your nice review. The blue is very beautiful.

rokurinpapa

Sponsored Content

|