The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Monteverde Mega Ink-Ball

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maccabee64

Maccabee64

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2010 - 00:41

Well I have had this pen for a couple months now and i would just like to say how pleased i am with its performance. It always writes in even smooth lines and the innovation can't be beat. Just an overall awesome pen. One thing i had trouble with was it does not seem to like Noodler's inks (i believe it is because of the saturation). But it works fine with the less saturated monteverde ink that comes along. Just one more thing anyone know when i have to replace the front section, how many words (about) is 1 kilometer of writing?
Thanks,
Bruce
O.A.M.D.G.

Sponsored Content

#2 mgepark

mgepark

mgepark

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:19

I've had one since they came out (the black X-L) and the writeout is supposedly miles but I found the tips can clog some after replacing ink a few times and I just used replacements and even bought some extra for different inks to be available; I use cartridges a decent amount in it (the long Levenger ones when they hit $2.95 per box less 20% I grabbed them over a few years period). I would advise the syringe and forceful streams of water through the tips when changing inks, if they start balky, then point the tip standing down on paper until it blots. I use Noodler's and no problem, works well for me.

Well I have had this pen for a couple months now and i would just like to say how pleased i am with its performance. It always writes in even smooth lines and the innovation can't be beat. Just an overall awesome pen. One thing i had trouble with was it does not seem to like Noodler's inks (i believe it is because of the saturation). But it works fine with the less saturated monteverde ink that comes along. Just one more thing anyone know when i have to replace the front section, how many words (about) is 1 kilometer of writing?
Thanks,
Bruce

Edited by mgepark, 22 February 2010 - 01:21.

Sponsored Content

|