LA Pen Show report

AltecGreen

Many thanks for the pics and the itinerary. As GP mentioned,it's a blessing for those of us that can't

go to be able to see who we talk with on many occasions.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AltecGreen

• RitaCarbon

• Jopen

• bgray

The two sides of the brain:

(me) "Oh! If we could only have a pen show in Honolulu!!!!!!!!!!!!" :puddle:

(the other me) "It's a good thing we don't have a pen show in Honolulu!!!!!!" :yikes:

Thanks very much for priming my envy pump!

Edited by dnb

What else do we have in life if not to help each other?

Great report, AltecGreen!

Amazing details, so many fountain pens, and all the people we've heard so much about - just AWESOME!

Professional quality photos (my iPhone pics are just iPhone pics, but I got you there!).

Thank you very much for posting.

And thank you very very much for the Pen Posse special brandy... I still have some.

Rita

And those Danitrio Urushi colors??? Are they samples to showcase the options for underlying urushi for other decorated pens? Or are they planning on selling these in much the same configuration? Those were exquisite.

Brian

And those Danitrio Urushi colors??? Are they samples to showcase the options for underlying urushi for other decorated pens? Or are they planning on selling these in much the same configuration? Those were exquisite.

Those are new colors just introduced. They are very non-traditional colors and hard to make since the coloring is organic. It is not clear if all of the colors will remain in production. They are currently taking orders for those colors now. The pens as shown were for sale. All of the Genkais were sold to one individual as soon as they were put out. The person who bought them let Kevin display them for the show but picked them up (all 11) after the show. The orange octagon sold as well as some other colors. The pens were shown in the genkai, flat top octagon, and takumi sized pens.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Great report, AltecGreen!

Amazing details, so many fountain pens, and all the people we've heard so much about - just AWESOME!

Professional quality photos (my iPhone pics are just iPhone pics, but I got you there!).

Thank you very much for posting.

And thank you very very much for the Pen Posse special brandy... I still have some.

Rita

Thanks Rita and it was very nice meeting you. I'm surprised you still have some of the brandy left. Next year, I'll bring more than one bottle.

BTW-I want pictures if you are going to meet Lisa in Vegas. :roflmho:

Edited by AltecGreen

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

:puddle:Oh... well... arghhh.... :puddle:

Thanks for sharing your visit to the show. Just waiting for your Danitrio maki-e post (and Lisa's)...

I just posted the pictures and comments on the maki-e demonstration on the Japan forum.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Thanks for the great report and photos, AltecGreen.

Really feel like I was there! So, you just saved me a bundle of $'s over my being there in person....

Thanks!

:thumbup:

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

:puddle:Oh... well... arghhh.... :puddle:

Thanks for sharing your visit to the show. Just waiting for your Danitrio maki-e post (and Lisa's)...

I just posted the pictures and comments on the maki-e demonstration on the Japan forum.

... Yup! Very nice sequence indeed. Did see your photos with great attention when you uploaded them into Flickr... I just wanted to see this couple at work as I own three pens by this artist and admire his wife's work very muck. Her carps are beauty and almost all her pens have a special delicacy in design and final apperance...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

Thanks Rita and it was very nice meeting you. I'm surprised you still have some of the brandy left. Next year, I'll bring more than one bottle.

BTW-I want pictures if you are going to meet Lisa in Vegas. roflmho.gif

I'll be sniffing that exquisite Pen Posse brandy, so it will last to the rest of the year.

BTW, did you take a picture of Lisa and me? Some people complain that they look mean. At least they have something to complain about...

Edited by RitaCarbon

BTW-I want pictures if you are going to meet Lisa in Vegas. roflmho.gif

I'll be sfiffing that exquisite Pen Posse brandy, so it will last to the rest of the year.

BTW, did you take a picture of Lisa and me? Some people complain that they look mean. At least they have something to complain about...

I don't think so. I was far into the brandy by the end of the party. I must have a skill at making people look mean. I'll need to work on that.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I'm in Albuquerque, and I have Internet, thank goodness! I wonder if there is a way to ask the nice FPN people saying nice things not to repost all the photos in their replies, cos, ah, you know. Still and all... whew. Now I'm stuck between Internet and dinner, what to do first? (Not very hungry is why it's even a question.)

Bry! I have a good photo of you! Gah, I don't have my usual set-up. I'll have to work on photos later tonight. Thank you for letting me try out your Skeleton. That is one seriously WOW pen!

Okay. Hold on. I mean, later. Let me skim all these other threads (man, fpn is busy!).

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Wow, you made it to Albuquerque.

We must be on the same wavelength. I should be making dinner but I'm still on FPN and playing with pens. I think hunger will set in eventually.

For dinner, try some carne adovada. If you want a burger go to the Standard Diner.

Edited by AltecGreen

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Thank you for letting me try out your Skeleton. That is one seriously WOW pen!

+1 here

Oh, gorgeous 333!

That was my Valentine's moment!embarrassed_smile.gif

I'm in Albuquerque, and I have Internet, thank goodness! I wonder if there is a way to ask the nice FPN people saying nice things not to repost all the photos in their replies, cos, ah, you know. Still and all... whew. Now I'm stuck between Internet and dinner, what to do first? (Not very hungry is why it's even a question.)

Bry! I have a good photo of you! Gah, I don't have my usual set-up. I'll have to work on photos later tonight. Thank you for letting me try out your Skeleton. That is one seriously WOW pen!

Okay. Hold on. I mean, later. Let me skim all these other threads (man, fpn is busy!).

Yes, the Skeleton 333 is certainly a beauty... I'll have one of my own (someday, in the near future, in the fullness of time) eventually...

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

Thanks for posting all the photos, Altec!

Travel home was uneventful, thank goodness...the Ohio weather was threatening to cancel our flights.

Tomorrow is nothing but laziness.

It was great meeting you and your wife in person. You really do look younger in person. :P

It was good you made it home. I was stranded in Albuquerque a few weeks ago and it was no fun. The weather here in California has taken a turn for the better. I was able to tool around town in shorts today.

Edited by AltecGreen

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065