Happy Birthday to Me!

rogerb

Coming up, pics of my new toys:

Classic Pens LM1 Flame Red ( B )

Onoto Magna Writer LE Ultramarine (#100/100) ( B )

Visconti Wall Street LE, Palladium Stub

:clap1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/rogerb40uk/018.jpg

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rogerb

• RitaCarbon

• algabatz

• ArchiMark

Happy B-day, Roger!

I am so in love with your CP flame read!

I've heard that Andy is going to have some of them flames during the LA Pen Show. Have to see them in action.

Rita

Happy, happy B-day, Roger!! You are now officially OLD. (Just kidding, I'm sure you're just as young as anyone on the inside) :vbg:

K.M.J

Many happy returns of the day, Roger. That Classic does look nice...

Toolan

[EDIT]: Typo

Edited by Toolan

I like your method of celebration.

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, everyone :)

Yes, 70 has been the first supposedly 'significant' anniversary which has given me 'pause for thought' ....but it's only a label, isn't it .....some people are old at 40 and some young at 90.

Someone told me I only look about 60 .... that was nice ....it's just my knees which feel older!!

As I've reported elsewhere:

The Flame Red probably writes least well, for me ....very smooth, but could do with a bit of 'italicising'. Subtle it isn't!! .... Very 'extrovert'!

The Magna is very wet and Teflon-smooth ....almost too slippery on smooth paper, but gorgeous on Laid. Unlike the LM1 it does have a subtle charm. I also liked the fact that it's #100 of 100! (and the $100 discount was nice, too!)

And that WSLE with Palladium Stub is just wonderful on just about anything, and in every way :) The 'technology' of the nib & filler is interesting, too.

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

Happy birthday!

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Happy birthday and congratulations on making an excellent selection of presents. Thanks for sharing them.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Happy Birthday and many many more full of health, happiness and joy. :thumbup:

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Happy birthday Roger - and thanks for making me feel so welcome at the Bristol Pen Show (while we queued for Oxonian).

I hope you found a nice 1940 pen?

Andy

Happy birthday Roger - and thanks for making me feel so welcome at the Bristol Pen Show (while we queued for Oxonian).

I hope you found a nice 1940 pen?

Andy

Thanks and it was my pleasure, Andy :)

I did find a nice 1940 ....a striped Duofold... but didn't buy it, as I already have a similar one.....and I thought I had spent enough, anyway!!

Edited by rogerb

Don Marquis

Thank you, again....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/rogerb40uk/BirthdayPens0001.jpg

Interesting that the Onoto, although the least expensive and 'flamboyant', is certainly the smoothest and arguably the nicest to write with, although the weight and length of the WSLE, plus that 'supple' nib, run it very close.

The LM1 definitely needs a bit of 'Oxonianing' to bring up to the others.

Edited by rogerb

Don Marquis