Parker Ultra Giant

PenMeIn

Hi, I have a Parker Ultra Giant pen and am trying to get more info on it. I have found very little about it on the internet. It is a huge black pen, 9 inches long and has a small red pen inside. From what I have seen so far on one site it is very rare and not many examples exist. If you can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Tim

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenMeIn

• John Danza

• skybird

• Toolan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I have a Parker Ultra Giant pen and am trying to get more info on it. I have found very little about it on the internet. It is a huge black pen, 9 inches long and has a small red pen inside. From what I have seen so far on one site it is very rare and not many examples exist. If you can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Tim

Yeah?

Please supply a little more info on where this was sourced, because if you have the intact one with the original cap , it has been sought after for years.

I suggest you contact Lynn Sorgatz for info on this.

PM me your details and I'll get you his or arrange fro him to contact you.

cheers.

Sic Transit Gloria

"Gloria gets seasick"

It came from an estate and it is complete. It has the cap and on the other end has a cap that screws off and I noticed a red dot. I turned it upside down and this tiny red pen came out. It is complete also. The big pen is marked GEO. PARKER LUCKY CURVE and has patent dates on it. The cap is faded some but there are no cracks or damage. Info is scarce on this pen. I knew it was unusual and it took a whole day of research just to find out what it was. I need info about a number on the cap.

Thanks

Tim

you may also want to contact david nishimura at vintagepens, who has a pic of it on his site, along with a fairly long description (but i'm sure you've already seen that). i think you just hit the mother lode ;)

http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:W2St8DoUCRwJ:www.vintagepen.com/specoff.htm+parker+ultra+giant+pen&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=safari

Check out my blog and my pens

you may also want to contact david nishimura at vintagepens, who has a pic of it on his site, along with a fairly long description (but i'm sure you've already seen that). i think you just hit the mother lode ;)

http://74.125.153.13...k&client=safari

David's site is vintagepens

This is vintagepen Jonathan Steinberg.

Somehow I do think that this topic is going to become quite busy in the next day or so ;-)

Edited by skybird

Sic Transit Gloria

"Gloria gets seasick"

I am trying to reply to the post's and emails but I am new at this and doing the best I can. Here is the info found on the pen.

Information on Pen

On the large part of the pen

Geo.S.Parker Lucky Curve Fountain Pen

Janesville Wis U.S.A

Pat. Jan.3-05.Apr.11-05 Apr.25-12 JUN.4-12

On the nib

Parker

Lucky Curve

Pen

I am trying to reply to the post's and emails but I am new at this and doing the best I can. Here is the info found on the pen.

Information on Pen

Janesville Wis U.S.A

On the nib

Parker

Lucky Curve

Pen

How did you figure it to be the Ultra Giant?

No number on the blind cap?

I'll be watching this space when i get back from my meeting (:

Sic Transit Gloria

"Gloria gets seasick"

Someone suggested that I put it on ebay. Is that a good idea? Should I put a reserve? What should the reserve be? Any estimates on what it will bring? Thanks to everyone for your help.

Tim

Information on Pen

Janesville Wis U.S.A

On the nib

Parker

Lucky Curve

Pen

How did you figure it to be the Ultra Giant?

No number on the blind cap?

I'll be watching this space when i get back from my meeting (:

I think that is the only thing it can be. Did Parker make any other 9 inch pens with a small pen inside besides the Ultra Giant? It looks just like the only picture of the ultra giant I could find online.

Thanks

Tim

The Ultra Giant is the only pen Parker made with a small red pen inside. Can you take some photos and post them? It would be much easier to help you on this.

Relative to selling, this would be very desirable. Ebay is a good option, but there are several advanced collectors that would be interested in a direct sale. Send me a private message via this website and I can help you connect up.

Thanks

Tim

Yeah?

Please supply a little more info on where this was sourced, because if you have the intact one with the original cap , it has been sought after for years.

I suggest you contact Lynn Sorgatz for info on this.

PM me your details and I'll get you his or arrange fro him to contact you.

cheers.

Gosh, it would be really cool if we could see a picture or two of your great new pen.

I note that you have only joined us a few hours ago so a hearty FPN welcome to you.

Have you been collecting pens long?

By the "original cap" do you mean the cap that covers the nib? or the screw on cap at the other end that holds the small pen? Someone said there may be a number on the cap. Which cap?

Thanks

Tim

Gosh, it would be really cool if we could see a picture or two of your great new pen.

I note that you have only joined us a few hours ago so a hearty FPN welcome to you.

Have you been collecting pens long?

The other pen in the pic is 6 inches long and is a Parker Black Giant. I'm not sure how these pics will turn out. The lighting is bad. If I put it up on ebay the pics will be much better.

Thanks

Tim

post-41097-126586038907.jpg

post-41097-126586040293.jpg