The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pots

pots

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:40

I am a new member of the fountain pen network, but I am familiar with the Esterbrook Pen Company. My grandmother was Caryll Esterbrook, granddaughter of Richard. I had no idea people were still using and enjoying to such and extent the pens my great, great grandfather made. It is just so cool. I have several pens that I have collected over the years but I don't think any of them work. Could someone tell me how to go about fixing them and how to find ink for them. Thanks so much. Polly McConnell

Sponsored Content

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:42

Welcome home. :W2FPN:

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#3 HenryLouis

HenryLouis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:51

Wow, welcome!
Posted Image

#4 RayMan

RayMan

Penathlete

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,356 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:55

Welcome Polly. Very cool that you're a great, great granddaughter of Richard Esterbrook. Esterbrooks have a huge following on FPN, including me. There is an entire forum devoted to them. You might also find Brian Anderson's website (devoted to Esterbrook FPs) to be interesting. Below is a link to his website.

http://www.esterbrook.net

Edited by RayMan, 10 February 2010 - 15:10.

Regards,

Ray

#5 smoores

smoores

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:55

Very cool! Welcome to FPN! :W2FPN: I am sure you will find quite a bit of the information you want...just not from me. I haven't restored anything on my own yet...but there are some wonderfully helpful members who can tell you all about it. :)

Posted Image
Check out my wish list on my profile.

#6 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:27

WOW. Amazing. Welcome Polly.

If any of the pens you have that need work are Esterbrooks, I'd think there are a few of us here who would be honored to fix them for you as much enjoyment as your Great Grandfather has brought to our own lives.

Check out the Inky Thoughts area. You can search on a color you might be interested in for example, THEN go to the Ink Review area and read the reveiws for, and see scans of most any ink made today. (Of which there are HUNDREDS of different ones...)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

#7 PenFisher

PenFisher

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,663 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:31

Posted ImageWelcome Polly! You are among friends here. As already mentioned, Esterbrook pens have a large following and it seems to be growing daily.

#8 Rabbit

Rabbit

Esterbrook Fan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:11

Welcome! It's wonderful to hear from someone with such a strong connection to the Esterbrook pen company!

--Stephen

Edited by Rabbit, 10 February 2010 - 04:13.

#9 gross

gross

Success Nourishes Hope

• Member - Gold

• 1,577 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:56

Welcome, Polly. Esterbrooks are my favorite pens. In fact, for years I only collected Esterbrooks. I am a user as well as a collector, so all of my Esterbrooks work. I think it is a great tribute to your great, great grandfather that he produced a pen that was so well made from quality materials and that he sold it at such a reasonable price.

I am honored that you are a member of The Fountain Pen Network!
-gross

Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. -Mark Twain

#10 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:07

Well hello Polly and welcome to our little pen forum! It is wonderful to have you join and participate! Esterbrook pens are well thought of and still very much in use by myself and many here at FPN.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#11 Brian Anderson

Brian Anderson

Esterbrook Nut

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2010 - 14:21

Welcome Polly! I'm sure you will find lots of useful information both here and in FPN in general. There is no question to small to ask, and you will be greeted by many responses I'm sure.

We are in the process of writing a book on The Esterbrook Pen Company and would very much like to talk with you about it. Please contact me backchannel at brian@esterbrook.net

Welcome!
Brian
www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

Sponsored Content

|