pots

I am a new member of the fountain pen network, but I am familiar with the Esterbrook Pen Company. My grandmother was Caryll Esterbrook, granddaughter of Richard. I had no idea people were still using and enjoying to such and extent the pens my great, great grandfather made. It is just so cool. I have several pens that I have collected over the years but I don't think any of them work. Could someone tell me how to go about fixing them and how to find ink for them. Thanks so much. Polly McConnell

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian Anderson

• PAKMAN

• jar

• pots

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Polly. Very cool that you're a great, great granddaughter of Richard Esterbrook. Esterbrooks have a huge following on FPN, including me. There is an entire forum devoted to them. You might also find Brian Anderson's website (devoted to Esterbrook FPs) to be interesting. Below is a link to his website.

http://www.esterbrook.net

Edited by RayMan

Regards,

Ray

Very cool! Welcome to FPN! :W2FPN: I am sure you will find quite a bit of the information you want...just not from me. I haven't restored anything on my own yet...but there are some wonderfully helpful members who can tell you all about it. :)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

Check out my wish list on my profile.

WOW. Amazing. Welcome Polly.

If any of the pens you have that need work are Esterbrooks, I'd think there are a few of us here who would be honored to fix them for you as much enjoyment as your Great Grandfather has brought to our own lives.

Check out the Inky Thoughts area. You can search on a color you might be interested in for example, THEN go to the Ink Review area and read the reveiws for, and see scans of most any ink made today. (Of which there are HUNDREDS of different ones...)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

W2FPN.gifWelcome Polly! You are among friends here. As already mentioned, Esterbrook pens have a large following and it seems to be growing daily.

Welcome! It's wonderful to hear from someone with such a strong connection to the Esterbrook pen company!

--Stephen

Edited by Rabbit

Welcome, Polly. Esterbrooks are my favorite pens. In fact, for years I only collected Esterbrooks. I am a user as well as a collector, so all of my Esterbrooks work. I think it is a great tribute to your great, great grandfather that he produced a pen that was so well made from quality materials and that he sold it at such a reasonable price.

I am honored that you are a member of The Fountain Pen Network!

-gross

Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. -Mark Twain

Well hello Polly and welcome to our little pen forum! It is wonderful to have you join and participate! Esterbrook pens are well thought of and still very much in use by myself and many here at FPN.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome Polly! I'm sure you will find lots of useful information both here and in FPN in general. There is no question to small to ask, and you will be greeted by many responses I'm sure.

We are in the process of writing a book on The Esterbrook Pen Company and would very much like to talk with you about it. Please contact me backchannel at brian@esterbrook.net

Welcome!

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.