• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rena

• jbb

• GreenVelvet

• inkish

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom treated me to a ream of Onion Skin paper from the Paper Mill Store and first comment I have is WOW what shipping. Got to me in less than two days! My second is I like it. So far I have only used a wet writer with it but I love the nice airy feel of it and the crinkle :)

And it is Cubby approved. he is sitting on it at the moment.

Ambrosia's Ink Rack Ink Reviews & More

Coming Soon Noteably yours Evansville area stationer.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Oh how much I love the ''papel cebolla'' (onion paper), of course is good for fountain pens no matter the nib's size

I have letters with yellowish pátina of time in them even in the envelopes of 75 or 80 years ago. I bought 100

A4 here in México for less than a dollar but sadly without that color gama from the past but sombody told me it is sell yet somwhere.Have a nice letter. Greetings.

Oh funny, I almost bid on that one eBay listing myself, but then I realized I don't need any more onion skin! It'd be interesting to see if I'm ever competing against other people on FPN in my bid for vintage stationery. Once I was browsing around and someone (on a blog) lamented losing out on a lot of stationery that I'd, um, won.

• 5 years later...

I bought a couple reams of onionskin from Paper Mill, because it is so delightful to wrote a long letter and fold it into an envelope that is quite fat, yet extremely light. It behaved perfectly with every pen and ink I used with it in North America, but after I brought it to SE Asia (humidity 80-100%) it started to make most inks feather. Now I write on it with Noodler's Upper Ganges Blue and carbon-nano inks only. I have other onionskins, including from China, which have stood up to the humidity. In China, you should not need to order onionskin, just find the right shop.

Finding this thread years too late, but hoping to be useful to other crinkle-lovers. Our Internet is barely good enough to post this, but I'll try to post a photo in the middle of the night, when it is faster.

Edited by inkish

fpn_1474627498__arttonic_smallest.jpg

Arttonic papers make you want to write. Enjoy them on Instagram if you can't get them in person.

I picked up a package of 25 or so sheets from eBay a while back. Has a slight texture but is very fountain pen friendly with no bleed through. Be careful if ordering from an auction site as there was an erasable version for typing that I don't think you want.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

• 6 months later...

I bought a couple reams of onionskin from Paper Mill, because it is so delightful to wrote a long letter and fold it into an envelope that is quite fat, yet extremely light. It behaved perfectly with every pen and ink I used with it in North America, but after I brought it to SE Asia (humidity 80-100%) it started to make most inks feather. Now I write on it with Noodler's Upper Ganges Blue and carbon-nano inks only. I have other onionskins, including from China, which have stood up to the humidity. In China, you should not need to order onionskin, just find the right shop.

Finding this thread years too late, but hoping to be useful to other crinkle-lovers. Our Internet is barely good enough to post this, but I'll try to post a photo in the middle of the night, when it is faster.

Here are some pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/Pansodan/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1012431255459056

Edited by inkish

fpn_1474627498__arttonic_smallest.jpg

Arttonic papers make you want to write. Enjoy them on Instagram if you can't get them in person.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, looks nice. I remember the pads of plain paper that came with a single sheet with bold lines printed on it that helped guide the writing. Mostly it was for small sheets, maybe 6" x 9" in think, or around that size.

As for "crinkle-lovers," I did like that aspect of the thin, or onion skin, paper :puddle: .

Quite a number of years ago, I scored some onionskin second sheets, used to be used for making carbon copies in the old days. It has letterhead of a company printed on one side, but the other side is plain, since you didn't use both sides of a carbon copy. I got it for free, it was being thrown out as a company moved, and all of that old letterhead, both onion skin and plain bond, was obsolete since it had the old address on it.

I like it, but I horde it because I'll never be able to get any more. I should probably get a fountain pen onto that paper. It is a sensuous experience writing on that paper with a fountain pen, and if I never use it I'll miss out on that little pleasure, and the onion skin paper will probably get thrown into the garbage or recycle after I croak.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell