Hello, fellow pen enthusiasts ...

journo

Greetings from Frankston, south-east of Melbourne in Victoria, Australia.

I registered with the Network yesterday and look forward to joining in; although, a brief scout around has revealed that I am a mere novice compared with the depth of pen knowledge and experience I have had the pleasure of sampling here.

I joined the Network, as you would expect, because I love writing; and am happiest when scribbling away with a fountain pen, as I do every day. I have had three – a sterling silver Parker (1980-90), a Mont Blanc Classic (1990-99) and a Mont Blanc 146 that I’ve been using since 1999. I passed the Classic on to my son and the Parker is still in the drawer.

I am also a sucker for the accessories, and recently picked up a very nice Edwardian (I think) writing slope, or stand, with brown leather inlay.

I am very glad I came across the Fountain Pen Network and extend best wishes to all.

John S.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• journo

• mike1

• Phthalo

• Lemur

Top Posters In This Topic

You are very welcome here. I have noticed through your words that you have not yet caught the disease that has consumed most of us, fountain pen addiction. If you stay here too long you will more than likely catch it as well. It is a good illness, however, there are many that are worse.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Hi John - welcome! I'm in QLD, and you will find a few other Aussie's around FPN. :)

Did you know AU has an annual pen show held in Melbourne? It was news to a few of the Aussie's on here (myself included). Apparently it will be on the 19th November this year.

Anyway, enjoy the forums - there is a wealth of great people and information here. :)

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

Welcome to this splendid forum!

I´m a new member myself.

When I visited Melbourne in October 2002, I had possibility to visit Pen City on Elizabeth Street.

With John Di Blasi and his nice staff it was a very nice experience.

I left Melbourne with an Aurora Optima, some Visconti and Aurora inks and a Travelling ink pot (Visconti). Unfortunately I had to little time to make a "proper visit" to

Taft´s, so I only popped in there and bought some Omas inks.

Melbourne is a very nice city!

Regards

Ingmar

Edited by Lemur

Hi John.

We are novices in one way or another. I think of us as bits of a jigsaw.

What's the Parker doing in a drawer :angry: It will begin to feel unwanted and unloved.

Whip it out, fill it and give it a taste of freedom :)

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

Hello and welcome to the FPNuthouse! Glad you're here. I'm a noob too - just approaching 1.5 years with FPs - so by comparison, you're a veteran! Hope you'll feel free to chime in as often as you feel like it. See you around.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Welcome, John!

I've only been a member for about two months. I agree - it's amazing how much information is here.

BTW, I've had a very pleasant, on-going snail mail correspondence with a lady in Australia - near Adelaide - for many years.

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

Hello again, and thank you for the warm welcome.

Mike1, I do believe I am becoming addicted - thanks to the great and informative posts of the members.

Thanks for the tip about the Melbourne pen show, Pthalo, it came as news to me too. I'll be there.

Ingmar, nice to meet up on FPN. Coincidentally, I bought my MB 146 from Pen City and was in the store just last week to pick up some notebooks from John. Tafts too offer excellent service and are very helpful people.

BMWRT, your comments are much appreciated - and my visits to FPN are proving how right you are about the folk here.

I will definitely get that Parker out of the drawer, Ruaidhri, give it a clean and fill it up.

Southpaw, I count myself a fellow-inmate now. :)

Judybug, Another coincidence - Adelaide was where I was born. I think it is sister-city to Phoenix, AZ. You are right; there is much to learn here.

Look forward to catching up again with all in the forums. All the best,

John S.