• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rubyeyespenlover

• MYU

• casaross

• watch_art

yes it is a very nice pen. i've seen it at a pen shop. a pair of them - black and red. i was given the opportunity to feel the pen. too bad it's way too big for my hand. i also couldn't test the nib, as they both are limited edition. i ended up getting a different namiki instead - Namiki Bamboo.

-rudy-

• 6 months later...

WOW!!!!

That's one big pen!....

Great review of a gorgeous looking pen....

Beautiful photos...

A shame you had to sell it....I assume it's sold by now....

Thanks.

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• 5 months later...

I got to handle one of these at Vanness last night... if only I had more money. :) But MAN what a gorgeous pen and that HUGE NIB! What an amazing pen! That NIB! I wish I could express the sheer awesomeness of it! I wish I had access to nibs that big for my own pens. 8-D So awesome.

I am lucky enough to have one of these and I am in awe every time I uncap it. The nib is massive! I love this pen, the eye dropper system is incredible and it holds about a gallon of ink. It's also surprisingly comfortable to write with. Straight out if the box my nib was perfect too. I have three pens I'd never sell and this is one of them.

This pen looks very nice. However, I would be hard-pressed to make a justification on buying it at the price almost three times more than the new MB 149. I think I could get 3 X 149s at that price.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

I'm glad that you can share this pen with us .

The design is special ,it seems to a great pen ,i like its nice nib and cap .

And Could you tell me the pens weight ?It looks a little heavy .

Awesome

Maybe if you don‘t care ,i 'd like to share a nice pen to you !! :)

In one minute you can change your attitude and in that minute you can change your entire day.

• 6 months later...

Although it is certainly a large pen, the side-by-side comparison in the initial post is exagerated (maybe a lot) because of the perspective, being the Emperor quite nearer the lens on top of those stands.

Would be really nice to see a real size comparison with the other pens, since not having the chance to see Namikis around here, nor Nakayas for that matter.

The colour is much more lighter, or 'redish', then some other photos available in the internet show - they name those as Vermillon. Has Namiki changed the colour over time; are both colours available; is just a photographic issue; what?

WWW.nelsonsousaphoto.com

• 1 month later...

This is beautiful - thank you for sharing! I have tiny hands so thankfully I wont be tempted (i think) to get one of these soon. Not that my bank balance allows me to anyway.

But it looks great i wish i can touch one...

• 1 year later...

Dear Alfio

Excellent description, i just received my Namiki emperor

But i could use your expert experience on how to best fill the pen to get the most flow.

Is there something you can do with unscrewing the bottom/tail?

Thank You

Dear Alfio

Excellent description, i just received my Namiki emperor

But i could use your expert experience on how to best fill the pen to get the most flow.

Is there something you can do with unscrewing the bottom/tail?

Thank You

if it is what I think it is this is a Japanese style eye dropper pen meaning the knob at the end is actually a stop valve similar to the vac 700, and custom 823 and the vintage japanese eyedroppers

I've never seen one available with a Broad nib which is why I've never considered it. I bought a Namiki Royale size from a retailer in Asia. Since I use Broad nibs and Double Broads Japanese pens with anything smaller than a Broad nib don't interest me. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SELL THE PEN? CONTACT ME!