24 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Schutz

Mike Schutz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 23:45

I used Parker Quink before Penman was introduced and when it was discontinued I went back to Quink. I've always been a Parker fan. It's an OK, reliable ink but not spectacular. I always have a pen loaded with Quink black but I've found a number of Noodlers inks that are blacker and perform better.

Edited by Mike Schutz, 04 April 2012 - 23:46.

Life is for the Birds

#22 mucephei

mucephei

Pilot Pen Fan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:27

Parker Quink Black with Solv-X, made in Newhaven, was my regular ink at school. I still have some school work from 1986 written with it. I remember it being darker than this, however, so I suppose its formulation has been changed many times over the years. Thanks for the review.
The pen and pencil blog nobody's talking about: http://stationerytraffic.blogspot.com

#23 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:10

used one bottle many years ago, one of the worst black inks I have ever had.
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time
Posted Image

#24 Limerickoshea

Limerickoshea

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 17:06

I received a bottle of Quink black with the Parker Urban kit I purchased a while back (pen, bottle of Quink black, 2 black cartridges, 2 blue cartridges, and a converter). I stared the pen off with a cartridge, but them moved to the converter and bottle. The ink flows well in the pen, it's smooth, and is quick drying. It doesn't feather on the legal pads I use at the office. Nice fuel for the daily driver.

Cheers.

canjr:

I bought the same Parker package at Christmas and I agree. The Quink flows beautifully in the Urban, although I wish it were a fine point, and has turned out to be an excellent every day ink. And this from some one not enamoured by blak inks in general!

#25 JamesTheBard

JamesTheBard

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 19:59

I have a bottle of this sitting next to a bottle of Noodler's Black and it (the Quink) doesn't see much use. It's not a bad ink and relatively well behaved, but I just don't use it. It's not that it's a bad black ink, it really isn't. I believe there are better blacks.

YMMV, of course.

And, as always, appreciate the review!
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." --Terry Pratchett
Posted Image

[Sponsored Content]