The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Kansas Ciry Collectors meeting redux

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlexS

AlexS

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:00

If you look real quick you can see pictures of the KC pen collectors meeting touted by dava. They are currently on the third page of the Pentrace Message Board - who knows how long before they are bumped into oblivion.

In addition to pictures of such local luminaries as the ever photogenic dava and Sherrel Tyree there are a few pictures of pens.

Pictures of the October meeting are on Pendemoniums website in the Show photogallery

KC pictures

Frankly, calling this a club is a bit of hyperbole. It's only about a dozen of us who hang out one Saturday almost every other month, talk pens and eat donuts. We are really lucky to have a great store owner who spots us to donuts every meeting and sometimes donates prizes for a draeing. Very low key. Dennis Bowden and Sherrel provide a professional presence - and two nicer pen people you could not hope to meet.

Finally, in case this might be thought to be a case of shameless self promotion I hereby swear that I will never ever ever ever use Dennis picture of me as an avatar.

AlexS -- aka The Chinless Wonder

Sponsored Content

#2 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:35

Oh no, the photo thread rolled off the Pentrace pages while I was offline for a couple of days and there are no captions indentifying who is who :(

I recognize Sam Fiorella--lady in pale blue blouse-- and Sherrel Tyree--lady in red t-shirt...They are both very nice people; I met them both in Portland last summer)....

I've done some business with Dennis Bowden and he is such a nice person, too but I've always wondered what he looked like :unsure: And where are you, Alex? And dava? HELP!

Thanks in advance,
Maja
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#3 dava

dava

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 22:36

Hi Maja

I am the redhead with the brown plaid shirt, sporting a handlebar mustache and Van Dyke standing next to Sam in the second photo on the first row. In the second row, fourth and fifth photo you will find Alex and I listening intently to Sam's lecture. Another noteworthy fellow in the very last photo is Dennis Bowden holding the hat while Sam pulls the door prize winners out of it.

I think that these photos can be seen in the last issue of the Pennant as well.

Dava

Sponsored Content

|