Pen store in Atlanta, GA?

Sparky

I will be going to Atlanta for a conference for 6 days in August and wanted to know if there were any recommendations for a pen stores? Any suggestions from FPNers? Thank You!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sparky

• amh210

• Bill

• Ashland

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sparky. In Atlanta we have Artlite not too far from the downtown area. They have a great selection of fountain pens in their store. Everything from Montblanc, Dupont, Dunhill, Pelikan, Parker, Cross, Waterman, Namiki, Bexley, Signum, Aurora, Lamy and a few others. They also have a quite a good selection of inks and stationary and pen accessories. Great staff too. Very friendly and helpful. Their address is 1851 Piedmont Rd. NE in Atlanta.

There is also a place in Smyrna, GA (which is close to Atlanta) called Total Office Products which has some nice high-end stuff, but in my opinion Artlite has a better selection and better prices. Anyway, their address is 2740 Cumberland Blvd in Smyrna.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

I will be going to Atlanta for a conference for 6 days in August and wanted to know if there were any recommendations for a pen stores?  Any suggestions from FPNers?  Thank You!

What heinous crime did you commit to be sentenced to 6 days in Atlanta in August? I'ts almost as uncomfortable as Orlando.

Andy in comfy San Diego :P

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

I am still trying to figure that out. However, the conference is the Academy of Management--- a lot of academics go there so I think they use August because it doesn't cut into class time.

The "only" redeeming thing about it was that last year it was in Hawaii--- company paid....

What heinous crime did you commit to be sentenced to 6 days in Atlanta in August?...

Andy in comfy San Diego :P

Andy,

I have conferences in your fair city in both July and August next year. I've done the touristy bit before so I can "concentrate" on pens and food this time. :D

Bill

Great food in San Diego. However, not much retail action for FPs, just a few common, overpriced shops.

I had an interesting trip to Tijuana a while back and found a bunch of Esties for 10 pesos each (less than a dollar). They cleaned up nicely. Havent been back to TJ since.

There are 3 or 4 FPN members here who get together from time to time, sometimes at my office (my pens live there) or for lunch. Given advance warning and schedule for your vist we might be able to schedule one around you. There is also another group that gets together once a month on a Saturday morning.

Andy

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

There are 3 or 4 FPN members here who get together from time to time...Given advance warning and schedule for your vist...

Don't change anything on my account, but if the sked works out I would look forward to pen talk and/or lunch or meeting. I made a note in the planner and I can PM ahead of time.

Thanks,

Bill

Edited for typo.

Edited by Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Apollo for the recommendation to see Artlite. What an interesting pen store. There was a collection of more than 500 vintage pens that belonged to the owner's mother which was on display. In addtion, the store was completely stocked with all the newest pens, along with many brands of ink, paper etc.

The co-owner, Steve, understands pen owners-- he must becasue he as been at the store for 25 years. I was able to try many different brands of inks and pens--- in fact he "encouraged" it.

Great experience and thanks again Apollo for the tip!

• 5 months later...

This weekend I found another store in Atlanta that sells fountain pens.

Sam Flax

The Art & Design Store for Creative People

1460 Northside Drive

Atlanta, GA 30318

1-800-726-3529 or 404-352-7200

www.SamFlaxSouth.com

They are open on Sundays.

I have no affiliation with the store. I just happened to wander in hoping there would be a few low-end, fountain pen-type calligraphy pens.

As you walk in the door, there is a small Retro 51 section. Along with different types of Retro 51 pens (fountain & rollerball), there were a few Lamy AL Stars. The price range for fountain pens was $35-75+.

In the calligraphy pen section, I found a brand with a name something like Art International or Art Essentials. The most appealing package sells for $19.95 & has one red & one blue translucent pen with 4-5 nibs. There is an extra fine in the set. The nibs & nib sections remind me very much of my Manuscript calligraphy pens.

Regards,

Ashland

That particular Sam Flax store also sells individual Pilot Varsity pens in all four colours (black, blue, purple, and turqoise). :)9 :)9 :)9

In the Lenox Square Mall there is a Mont Blanc store and Cartier outlet, and if you are interested in watches they also have a Tournou (I can never spell it right)

David

Be without fear in the face of your enemies... Be brave and upright that God may love thee... Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death... Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong - that is your oath.

-The Knight's Oath (Kingdom of Heaven)

• 4 years later...

Just updating this thread for future readers who might also be looking for pen stores in Atlanta. The Sam Flax store is moving from Northside Drive to 1745 Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30309. Move will be mid-October 2011 with grand opening of new location on October 22.

Have not been to San Diego in years. Would love to go back to The Del for a short over night stay, and Sunday Brunch, and maybe a round at Torey Pines.

Edited by padams2359
1 Homo Sapien BA Maxi & Mech Pencil, HS Misnight in Florence, 2 Van Goghs 1 Blue Ocean Midi S Nib/1 Cappuccino Midi 14k Trim, 3 MBs 149/144/221, 2 Wm Phileas 1 Blue w/ mech pencil, 1 Demo, 1 Snorkel Sent., 3 MVs Regatta/Invincia/Artista,2 EB J - BSP,I am Not Affiliated with any website, company or product I might mention on this site."