The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

WTB: Pilot Blue ink from Thailand

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RevAaron

RevAaron

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 21:18

Recently, I posted a WTB for what has become a favorite ink of mine- Thai Pilot Blue. I got a few replies, but they were off the mark- I took a handful of photos to show what Thai Pilot Blue looks like and to support my claim that Thai Pilot Blue is a different ink than Namiki Blue. I purchased this ink for $2/bottle from speerbob (who no longer has any) some months ago.

Color-wise, Thai Pilot Blue has a distinct purple tint, similar to that of Pelikan Royal Blue or Waterman Florida Blue. This is quite different than the slightly green tint to the common Namiki Blue. It has become my favorite all-around ink: flows better then Namiki Blue, works quite well in both vintage and modern pens, has a nice level of lubrication, and isn't too dry or too wet. It doesn't have the cellulose reactive component of Namiki Blue- it's an all around conventional ink. I'd really like to find more!

I apologize for the quality of photos. I tried to tweak them a bit to show the differences which are plain to the eye.

Bottles and swabs side by side:
Posted Image

Box:
Posted Image

Swab Closeup:
Posted Image

Writing sample and soak test (Namiki on left, Thai Pilot on the right):
Posted Image
WTB: Ford's Patent Pen, Pilot Blue ink (Thai)
Also: Orthos Pens | Danish MB #4 nib | 1G Hundred Year Pen cap

Sponsored Content

#2 ThaIwan

ThaIwan

ThaIwan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:58

I'm quite busy but have access to loads of it. Do you have something to trade against?

#3 RevAaron

RevAaron

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 16:49

I've plenty of things I could trade- what were you looking for? Pen(s)? Ink? Something not pen related? I'll PM you and we can talk... Thanks for the reply!
WTB: Ford's Patent Pen, Pilot Blue ink (Thai)
Also: Orthos Pens | Danish MB #4 nib | 1G Hundred Year Pen cap

Sponsored Content

|