Namiki Vanishing Point

PinarelloOnly

Very, very nice photos. Makes me again wanting to buy that tent......

The VP's are amazing modern fp's. I dislike the clip but a VP always sneaks into my rotations, even more than the Falcon (and I love flexy nibs). Between my partner and myself we share a bunch, being the raden and the black carbonesque my favorites.

I always mention that one of them survived the washing machine!

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PinarelloOnly

• alvarez57

• misterh

• pauliedoggs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful pictures & great review but where did you get that box thing?

Step 1: Buy another fountain pen

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.

Don't buy a tent they are never big enough...build your own.

Beautiful pictures & great review but where did you get that box thing?

Google: Pelican 1090

Thank you for this - I just ordered a VP in gunmetal grey with a XXXXF nib from Binder. :thumbup:

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

Do you mind if I ask you how you built it? I have a [future] project of updating my pictures. Thank you.

sonia alvarez

Do you mind if I ask you how you built it? I have a [future] project of updating my pictures. Thank you.

This is pretty much what I built just a few inches wider and taller.

http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

Thank you for being so kind! That's one of the reasons I still come to FPN even after long breaks: many people who like to share.

Changing subjects: 10 yrs ago I had a [Pinarello] Stelvio and was that a noble working [fast] horse! Which one do you have?

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

Thank you for being so kind! That's one of the reasons I still come to FPN even after long breaks: many people who like to share.

Changing subjects: 10 yrs ago I had a [Pinarello] Stelvio and was that a noble working [fast] horse! Which one do you have?

Right now I am riding a 2003 Galileo which uses "Pinarello Lens" aluminum, it is the last year of the full aluminum Galileo.

The 04 received carbon fiber seat stays which I was never a fan of.

Very nice bike. I opted for a Litespeed Tuscany, but that was 10 yrs ago. For reasons I will not dwell in detail, I did not use it at all for many years but I can say it is quite fast. I cannot say how it behaves climbing nor descending for it is prohibited to use the high bridges here in flat flat Louisiana. sad.gif

sonia alvarez

Nice review and excellent photographs.

I need to replace my VP, which came to an unfortunate end recently due to owner stupidity. I was thinking of the Grey or a Black Carbonesque, but after your description of it, I am very tempted to try a Chrome one.

My wife "write" now is using the Chrome with Sheaffer Turquoise ink. She loves the pen and she says it's one of the few pens

that she has actually received complements on!!

When the Fermos are available from my favorite seller it will no doubt be a Chrome also.

My Chrome VP arrived yesterday and is as beautiful as I had hoped. I see what you mean about the finish, it looks so much better than it does in photographs.

Thanks again for your review and comments - without them, I don't think that I would have chosen the Chrome finish and I am very pleased that I did.

sorry, double posting!headsmack.gif

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

I've just bought the chrome one from Japan via e-bay for £65 including postage to the UK. I've been lurking for a while and yesterday found that e-bay were offering me a 20% discount voucher on eligible purchases -- this was such a purchase.

I've been looking for another VP with a Japanese alloy nib as I find the alloy nib I have is a better writer (for me) than the gold or gold/rhodium ones.

Malcolm Webb, Lincoln UK

When somebody asks me what Rotary is all about

I tell them it's all about Fun, Fellowship & Caring Service.

I've just bought the chrome one from Japan via e-bay for £65 including postage to the UK. I've been lurking for a while and yesterday found that e-bay were offering me a 20% discount voucher on eligible purchases -- this was such a purchase.

I've been looking for another VP with a Japanese alloy nib as I find the alloy nib I have is a better writer (for me) than the gold or gold/rhodium ones.

Congratulations on the VP - that is a very good price.

Loved your review and your pictures are outstanding. I am seriously considering purchasing one of these after having read and seen your review.

Thanks,

Carol

Those are truly some great pictures, makes me want to buy one now. The gunmetal grey VP is now on the top of my wish list :)

Beautiful pictures, what camera did you use? :happyberet:

I will be getting my VP soon, hope it is as good as you say it is! :lol:

Step 1: Buy another fountain pen

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.

Beautiful pictures, what camera did you use? :happyberet:

I will be getting my VP soon, hope it is as good as you say it is! :lol:

Click on my link below for your camera answer.

• 6 months later...

Carbonesque black is one of my favourite colours in the Namiki range.

It has a classy finish and of course, the mechanism is just legendary.

Carbonesque black is one of my favourite colours in the Namiki range.

It has a classy finish and of course, the mechanism is just legendary.

I actually prefer the green kasuri VP over the others. The black is the only kasuri I do not have (I think) ; it is a quitter nice finish, just spoke less to me than the othes. Knowing me, i will eventually pick on up, though.....