Mission control ...ST1 (Estie one) requesting landing .....

pb2

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/IMG_6625.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/IMG_6642.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/IMG_6611.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/IMG_6626.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/IMG_6646.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/IMG_6650.jpg

Edited by pb2

pendletonspens.com

~ May the Lord smile on you ~

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pb2

• MYU

• teej47

• ANM

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi High~

It's a variation on one of the Estie nibs I have been resurrecting. I decided to go with a high polish on the front of this nib and the Frost~tone aft. May end up being one of a kind depending on the response. This one is headed to Singapore I think... er, some other planet. Space Cadets, untie! (SIC ... fer shoor) :)

Whatever it is can I have one?

pendletonspens.com

This is a modified Sheaffer nib, which does not belong in the Esterbrook sub forum. Moved accordingly.

really?

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

This is a modified Sheaffer nib, which does not belong in the Esterbrook sub forum. Moved accordingly.

really?

You can still make out the "ESTERBROOK" if you look close enough... unless it's one of those rare Sheafferbrook nibs.

Tim

The only sense that's common is nonsense...

I think you might be mistaking this for a Feather Touch nib which it is not. If it is moved anywhere, it should be to the Pen services or For Sale section.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

I think you might be mistaking this for a Feather Touch nib which it is not. If it is moved anywhere, it should be to the Pen services or For Sale section.

Except that I don't think it's a "for sale" quite yet - more of a teaser.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

It is an advertisement promoting his work and coming just short of asking for you to offer some money for one like it. Rolex will show you interesting pictures and say nice things about themselves without quoting a price. I don't see any difference.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

Did you mean to do that?

Brian, Deep breath. One Icicle, Two Js, Three BNs, Four Pheatons, ...

Did that hurt?

I'm guessing it hurt at least one person.

really?

You can still make out the "ESTERBROOK" if you look close enough... unless it's one of those rare Sheafferbrook nibs.

Tim

You are indeed correct-but it may have been causing pain in the other forum and got hidden here.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

All right, I want info- It's an estie nib that has been modified. Do I detect some flex? Is this a super-fine italic or CI? What can it do? Fits any J pen?

Do tell...

I love it! Make me one if you will. The only thing I'd say would be to obliterate all that's under the frost. A truly custom nib.

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

Okay, I have to bite. What is that first picture anyway? It looks like viewing a pen nib that's been dredged up from a shipwreck through a slightly frosted window.

If that's a before shot, what in tarnation happened to that nib?

I think if I was going to order one like it, I would want it to still look like a normal nib, but that's just me. Judging by the reference to Pendleton Point, I gather it has added flex, which the writing sample seems to support.

Bravo dude ~ You made all the right guesses! The actual tip on this was less of a CI than I usually do since the buyer requested something "smoother like Bruce's".

thumbup.gif

All right, I want info- It's an estie nib that has been modified. Do I detect some flex? Is this a super-fine italic or CI? What can it do? Fits any J pen?

Do tell...

pendletonspens.com

Hi David ~

The first pic is of the shadow of the nib and something else that appeared planet like (to me, anyway).. as I was taking the shot, the glare from the marble I was shooting against showed white in the photo and I thought the result was worth sharing. It appeared like an FP space ship over a planet. Just havin' fun. ;)

Okay, I have to bite. What is that first picture anyway? It looks like viewing a pen nib that's been dredged up from a shipwreck through a slightly frosted window.

If that's a before shot, what in tarnation happened to that nib?

I think if I was going to order one like it, I would want it to still look like a normal nib, but that's just me. Judging by the reference to Pendleton Point, I gather it has added flex, which the writing sample seems to support.

pendletonspens.com

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files