The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan M205 Toledo Red

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Garageboy

Garageboy

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:47

It looks soo utilitarian with the ink window and the new solid colors. Very esterbrook-ey

Sponsored Content

#22 saintsimon

saintsimon

Si tacuisses ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:29

I have to admit, I don't like this tomato red colour called Toledo red. I prefer their old burgundy/bordeaux solid colours.

#23 myrrhman

myrrhman

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 21:06

I have a black Binderized version of this pen. It's lovely. Very smooth, wet writer (just how I like them) with a very functional ink window.

#24 santander02

santander02

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 18:48

It`s Pelikan 205 red. It isn`t Toledo red. Toledo red is this
Posted Image
Toledo isn`t the colour, it`s the decoration of the barrel, typical from Toledo, Spain

#25 santander02

santander02

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 18:58

It´s
Posted Image

#26 RobbW

RobbW

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:57

I have a Binderized 205 in Toledo Red. I first inked it with Herbin 1670. Some pen/ink combinations are just right together. I love the pen, love the ink, and love the combo so much that I keep reinking with the 1670--it's never had another ink. The ink looks fantastic in the window, and even better on paper.

#27 Murfie

Murfie

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:37

Great review, great pen. I have several Pelikans but this review prompted me to grab another while the special price applies - USD$74 delivered to the door via Fedex from melpens.com in Malaysia. Super offer too good to ignore ... Posted Image

Edited by murfie, 17 September 2010 - 02:34.

#28 encremental

encremental

sprightly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:59

santander02 - Pelikan themselves call it Toledo Red on the box, so perhaps we should go with that :happyberet: - and lovely as they are, Pelikan's current 'Toledo' pens have precious little to do with the Spanish craft metalwork of the same name. I wish they did!

John

#29 encremental

encremental

sprightly

• Member - Gold

• 1,350 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:07

Great review, superfreeka. Has anyone noticed quite a change in character in Pelikan steel nibs of late? Both my F red M205 and EF M205 blue demonstrator nibs have had far more flex than older M215 nibs. A bit more tooth as well. The writing experience seems different - not bad in any way, it just has a different character.

John

#30 Murfie

Murfie

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:35

And if you happen to like fine steel nibs, you can get a Binder Waverley XXF nib for one. Great combination!

#31 bigstick

bigstick

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2010 - 18:23

Well done indeed: you have purchased a pen that will not only make you happy your entire life, but is capable of doing the same for your descendants. And, it's RED!
Pelikan 120 : Lamy 2000 : Sheaffer PFM III : Parker DuoFold Jr : Hero 239 : Pilot Vanishing Point : Danitrio Cum Laude : Esterbrook LJ : Waterman's 12 and an unknown lever-filler : Lambert Drop-fill : Conway Stewart 388

MB Racing Green : Diamine Sapphire Blue , Registrar's : J. Herbin violet pensée , café des îles : Noodler's Baystate Blue : Waterman Purple, Florida Blue

#32 bunnybaby

bunnybaby

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:47

Design: German engineering encapsulated.

Clever copywriting. I'm sold!

#33 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,980 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:12

I have one en route purchased from a friend that is like new. Am looking forward to receiving it.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#34 papabear16

papabear16

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:35

I have the same nib in my M215. It's incredible.

Girls say they want a guy with serious ink, but then pretend to be bored when I show off all my fancy fountain pens. ~ Jason Gelles

#35 Ink_Monitor

Ink_Monitor

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:10

It`s Pelikan 205 red. It isn`t Toledo red. Toledo red is this
PELIKAN_TOLEDO_RED.jpg
Toledo isn`t the colour, it`s the decoration of the barrel, typical from Toledo, Spain

santander02 - Pelikan themselves call it Toledo Red on the box, so perhaps we should go with that  :happyberet: - and lovely as they are, Pelikan's current 'Toledo' pens have precious little to do with the Spanish craft metalwork of the same name. I wish they did!

John

And here's the proof from the end of the box of my Toledo Red M205 ...

[attachment=227702:002.JPG]

#36 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,980 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:38

Arrived the week of Thanksgiving here in the US (11/25)

176-PelikanM205Crimson_zps6bfcdd11.jpg

176-PelikanM205Crimson-Nib_zps0636cf0f.j

The photo shows a F, but I had it switched to a M.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#37 azrunner

azrunner

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:42

I purchased a Toledo red a couple of years ago. One of my children promptly bent the nib. A few weeks ago a bought a new nib off nibs.com (despite the strong recommendation they have against still nibs). I now look forward to using the pen every day I'm at the office (where it now lives).

#38 PDW

PDW

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,257 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:53

I'm amused to see that the OP was a student, given that the red M205 makes an excellent pen for marking student work. Mine's currently filled with Diamine Pumpkin (no sigh of the ink window staining yet), and with its bright colour I can't confuse it with my 'main' pen, my birthday present M400 tortoise.

Edited by PDW, 06 January 2014 - 20:54.

#39 junkyu0922

junkyu0922

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2014 - 14:19

Thanks you for the review.

Very helpful!~

#40 KangarueTheDay