Help Files

Gerry

For members wishing to read IPB's help files, they are available HERE.

To see newly added content, click on 'View New Content' at the upper right of the page, then selecting 'Help Files' from the tabs on the left near the top (light blue bar).

These files may help those of you having questions regarding one or the other features that you may have been wondering about.

Regards

Gerry

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donblanc

• PAKMAN

• timbobsquarebutt

• veillettecathy

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can someone plz tell me what "bumping" someone means. I have tried to read all the info files but can't find its meaning. Thank youML

These files may help those of you having questions regarding one or the other features that you may have been wondering about.

Regards

Gerry

Edited by DrMonaLisa

Bumping is when you post a message to your own topic so that it goes back up to the top of the forum. Usually used to get an item that someone is selling back up where people can see it.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someome tell me what PM stands for and how to do it? The help topic link for "Personal Messaging" is a dead link. This is really frustrating, but then I'm not the biggest fan of TLAs.

Thanks

PRE

Bumping is when you post a message to your own topic so that it goes back up to the top of the forum. Usually used to get an item that someone is selling back up where people can see it.

Sheesh, now I know why that happened!! Thanks for both the question and the answer.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

• 6 months later...

I've been visiting the Network for a number of months now & have learned a lot.

Since my computer skills are very minimal, i.e. basic two-finger typing, sending an e-mail or PM, & the occasional Google search,.......I have not been able to attach a "picture" with my user name (an avatar?).

Is there anyone on the Network who can walk me through the procedure? I don't have tech-savvy friends or teenagers to consult. All I know, is that I have such a picture (already reduced in file size, for internet use), placed on my desk-top.

While it isn't necessary to have some kind of picture or symbol next to one's name, it can help to identify the member.

Thanks in advance for help in this matter.

Cheers: tinta

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• 4 months later...

Somehow one of my PM conversations has been marked as "Delete." I am not sure how this happened and certainly did not intend to delete it. Is there any way to restore a conversation once it has been flagged as "delete?" :embarrassed_smile:

I did read the help files, but though there is an explanation as to how to delete a message/conversation/folder in Messenger, it does not say anything about "undeleting" it.

Help would be appreciated!

Holly

• 2 months later...

this helped me a lot thank you! there's a lot of information on the site, but I have a bit of trouble navigating / don't always know where to start!

Hi Holly!

If you've deleted a conversation, I'm guessing there's no way to un-delete it. There may be a record of it logged somewhere that you can obtain through a site administrator, but I think it'd be easier to try and contact the person(s) you were corresponding with, if possible, and ask them to send you THEIR record of the same conversation(s).

Hope this helps a little! :thumbup:

Tim

Somehow one of my PM conversations has been marked as "Delete." I am not sure how this happened and certainly did not intend to delete it. Is there any way to restore a conversation once it has been flagged as "delete?" :embarrassed_smile:

I did read the help files, but though there is an explanation as to how to delete a message/conversation/folder in Messenger, it does not say anything about "undeleting" it.

Help would be appreciated!

Holly

Hi Holly!

If you've deleted a conversation, I'm guessing there's no way to un-delete it. There may be a record of it logged somewhere that you can obtain through a site administrator, but I think it'd be easier to try and contact the person(s) you were corresponding with, if possible, and ask them to send you THEIR record of the same conversation(s).

Hope this helps a little! :thumbup:

Tim

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Flag on my profile?

I live in Maine and Florida but put Florida as residence as I have FL Drivers license. The flag is not familiar to me I know what a ME flag looks like but is that a FL flag I have on profile? I do not like it as it looks like a Rebel symbol.. Would prefer USA flag.. How do I change it as I went in profile but could not find anything related to country etc.. Thank you ..Cathy

Where is reputable online business to buy fountain pens at reasonable prices, because what if I do not like the way they write? I am stuck with a expensive pen which I know I could resell but I am kind of a procrastinate..Any members site, businesses would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Cathy

• 5 months later...

how do you change the dipped only part under the photo?

Make 10 or more posts (not in Chatter). If you click the little dot below that a list of all the different levels will pop up.

http://i.imgur.com/HkYlgTM.png

Also after you get 50 posts (I believe) you can go into your profile and change it to whatever you want it to say. It's under profile/Member Title after you get enough posts.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!