Hello from Sweden

Lemur

Hello!

During the last months I´ve been following this nice forum, and find it very interesting. So I decided to register as a forum member.

I live just outside Stockholm, at Dalarö, in the southern archipelago of Stockholm.

Fountain pens have been one of my hobbies for the last eleven years. I started with buying vintage pens, mostly Parker, but is nowadays focusing on modern pens. Sometimes I repair and restore fountain pens. Beekeeping is another of my hobbies.

I´m a mathematics teacher and use fountain pens at work, and always at home.

During this years there has been some pens in the collection! ;) It´s nice to have some of them in use, filled with different inks.

Regards

Ingmar

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lemur

• mike1

• evercool

• southpaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo Ingmar,

Welcome to the club !

Living in Belgium I have the same hobbies as you have: beekeeping & collecting/restoring fountain pens.

How was your honey harvest this year, and how many hives you have?

Best regards, Francis

Hello and welcoeme aboard Ingmar! What pens do you have thus far and which one(s) is(are) your favorite(s)? Hope to see you around.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Welcome to FPN. This is a friendly place with very helpful and kind members. Tell us more of your pens.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Good to know that I'm not the only swede in here, even though I'm also a new member since around two weeks =)

So...

VÄLKOMMEN! Skoj att det finns andra svenskar som också är intresserade av pennor!

Currently in rotation: FPN LE Stipula Passaporto CT Italic nib, FPN LE Modello-T T-flex nib, Stipula New 22 ForgetMeNot Blue T-flex nib, Lamy 2000 EF nib, Lamy Al-Star Blue F nib, Pilot Capless Blue Carbonesque M nib.

Thanks for your kind and welcoming replies!

When i started with fountain pens it was focus on Parker, mostly 51´s and Vac´s. Some Duofolds, and 61´s and other models has also been bought. Also some Sheaffers and MB has been making their way to the collection.

My favourite among the vintage pens are Parker 51. When I have the possibility I try to buy a vintage 51 nowadays too. You can´t get to many of them.

There is no "goal" with the collection, for example to get all colours/variations of some model. I simply buy a pen when I have the possibility. All of my pens I´ll also use. Why should I buy a pen and only let it rest for the rest of my life? It´s of course nice to look at a pen, but if you also write with it you get more out of it.

Today my interest is focused on modern pens. My favourite brands among modern pens are Pelikan and Lamy. M1000 (green/black, f nib), M805 (blue, ef nib), M620 ("Stockholm", f nib) and M200 (antracite, ef nib) and some M200 (black) are all fantastic pens, which I have rotating. Above the others is M1000, absolutely wonderful. :P

Lamy 2000, f nib, is also a fantastic pen. I use it quite often and it never make me dissapointed.

Another nice opportunity is the easy way to shift nibs in all Pelikans, simply screw out the nib/feed unit. Also very handy if you will make a proper washout of the pen and/or nib section.

Change/replace of the nib in the Lamy 2000 is also quite easy. You unscrew the entire front section (starts where the "metal spring" sits), then you take out the feed/nib from the front section. Pull off the nib and place the new one in place.

My latest purchase is the Visconti van Gogh Crystal with f nib. This is a wonderful pen. Super smooth and well balanced.

Regards

Ingmar

Good to know that I'm not the only swede in here, even though I'm also a new member since around two weeks =)

This is really nice! :D

You now, in Sweden you often - in the eyes of other people - seems a little "suspect" when you tell them that you are intersted in pens. When they ask how much you can spend on a pen there sometimes shake their heads.

Unfortunately I think I live in an "underdeveloped country" when it come to the important issue of handwriting or drawing. A ballpen is very practical in some situations, but it´s totaly "dead" when it comes to the feeling of writing/drawing.

I often hear people say that a pen should be very cheap and if you forget it or throw it away without any regrets. Well, thats a pitty, but I think that people often not have had the experience, or chance, to write with a quality fountain pen. If they had I think many of them would have another opinion.

Another argument you somtimes hear is "I´m left-handed so I can´t use a fountain pen!".

Thats no problem, I´m lefthanded myself. No problem at all. Not in my case. Of course you should avoid paper that not absorbs ink quickly, or ink that take some time to dry. But this is easy to manage. I´ve went to a course in calligraphy where I was the only lefthanded participant. The course went quite well, and the only lefthanded person was the most "skilled" writer at the end of the course.

Well, thats all for this time.

Regards

Ingmar

Thank you for the additional information. It is very interesting to read of other peoples fountain pen experiences and of nonusers reactions to our pens.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Unfortunately I think I live in an "underdeveloped country" when it come to the important issue of handwriting or drawing. A ballpen is very practical in some situations, but it´s totaly "dead" when it comes to the feeling of writing/drawing.

I often hear people say that a pen should be very cheap and if you forget it or throw it away without any regrets.

I totally agree. I have had the same experience as you and it's very sad...but unfortuntely also very true. And what people don't seem to think of here is that if you have paid let's say $200+ for a pen you are always (ok.. most likely ;) ) thinking of where to use/lay your pen and where not to use/lay it so that you won't lose your precious possession.

Fredrik

Currently in rotation: FPN LE Stipula Passaporto CT Italic nib, FPN LE Modello-T T-flex nib, Stipula New 22 ForgetMeNot Blue T-flex nib, Lamy 2000 EF nib, Lamy Al-Star Blue F nib, Pilot Capless Blue Carbonesque M nib.